hvy vs ehle

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by repthe732, Dec 12, 2010.

1. so trying to decide between:
    -hvy 20 inch, 5 mm straight tube
    -ehle 1000ml straight tube (no carb hole)

any opinions and help would be appreciated

2. This all depends on if you want a tube that just rips or a smooth hit.
    The 1000 is going to rip as it has nothing to block the flow of air.With ice it is a little smoother but will fill the lungs faster. This tube is around 16.5 to 17 inches tall if i remember right.

the hvy is also a good tube and will give a smooth hit as well. But it will not clear as fast.
    The HVY is built thicker than the 1000. Not sure on the bore. The 1000 is like 70 or so to where the hvy is 45 to 50 mm bore.

Both are good tubes but in this case if it was me i would go with the heavy. One knock over with shatter the 1000 to where the Hvy has a better chance of making it through a fall.

3. ehle will be more fragile, but pack a bit more of a 'roundhouse kick to the face' hit, while the HVY will be more durable and easier to handle, yet providing merely 'i came to the store, walked around for an hour to find all the groceries on this list, go to check out, and forgot my wallet' hit.

I'd get the HVY, then again I don't like fragile glass because if i hadn't gone for it my tube would STILL BE HERE

4. yea, i'm not too into fragile glass either, don't really want to drop a ton of money to see it smash on the floor

5. I am generally careful and never thought dropping the piece would be it's demise, for me it was simply in a backpack resting in the backseat of my car, nice and clean enough to be legal, and a girl who is a friend of mine hopped in with a wreckless disregard for the bag lying on the seat she so swiftly lept on, cracking the joint off. **** happens that you could never prevent without unnatural precautions, so know that the durability is well warranted :hello:

6. The EHLE isn't that fragile glass, it's not to the point where if you drop it once it's going to smash into a thousand little pieces.

I love my bong and haven't had any problems with it.

7. ^You haven't had any problems, 3.2mm glass is 3.2mm glass, there are no tricks or secrets it is thin and fragile, a drop from a small height could be very fatal for a bong of this thickness, not from a standpoint of personal experience, shipwreck, but as a fact

8. hmm, interestingly enough my HVY is one of the fastest milking and clearing tubes i've ripped and oddly enough even with my Alex K i find it's hits to be harder than that of other tubes. with this said i have to say i disagree with your post. OP, i've never ripped an EHLE so i myself cannot speak to strongly on the matter, however i will say that i know people that do own both and each of us loves our HVYs more. and HVYs are generally nice and thick.

9. thanks for everyone's help so far, think i'm going to go with the HVY, seems to me that everyone thinks its a good and sturdy tube

10. What i was getting at is the EHLE will clear faster. It has nothing blocking the way such as the HVY perc. I have hit both. Because to the thickness and dore of the 1000 if you were to drop it, it would break easier. I have seen where these have broke in shipping from germany. The slightest presure on them will crack them in two.

The heavy is the way to go.