HVY vs EHLE

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mikeee420, Jul 19, 2010.

1. #1 Mikeee420, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Hey GC. So later this week Im going to purchase my first bong. Right now, Im torn between a HVY mini straight tube, an HVY mini beaker bottom, or an EHLE 250 ml. Here's some info on the tubes.

HVY Straight Tube
    http://www.grasscity.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/L/ALT-7-15-10-210.jpg

10" tall
    3mm glass thickness
    $50.00

HVY Beaker Bottom
    http://www.grasscity.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/L/ALT-7-15-10-220_3.jpg

10" tall
    ?? glass thickness (not listed, but more than likely 3mm thick also dont you think?)
    $55.00

EHLE 250ml
    http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/ehle_250ice_t.jpg

12" tall
    ?? glass thickness (anyone know the thickness?)
    $48.77

What would you guys suggest?

Ive been looking online, and it seems these 2 brands are the best quality for the price. Also, if anyone knows of similiar or better quality glass that makes small bongs in this size range, post them up and it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Bump.. Anyone have any insight? Dont want to make a purchase that I regret :confused:

3. Next time you should grab some pics. But anyway, i like the EHLE 250ml.

4. i have a 18in 5mm ehle and am very happy with the quality

5. I'd get at least the 10" beaker or 12" straight since they're about equiivilsnt in volume, the 10" straight is a bit small for smoke but still wouldn't be a bad choice.

They are all good tubes, you'll be happy with any one of them.

6. Added pics, maybe that'll help :wave:

7. I have an Ehle so I say pick the Ehle. Don't know its thickness but mine has stood up to some close encounters.

8. I've got a HVY and love it. They're made very solid and have strong joints on em. mine came with a pretty niced-sized bowl too

+ diffused downstem vs. non-diffused

9. Get the one with the diffuser

10. This is why I think you should get the HVY mini strait.

1. Comes with diffuser
    2. Recessed Joint = 1 less thing to break
    3. Support the US economy!

11. Do all ehle's come with a carb? And is it easily plugged if you hate carbs?

12. Probably the most helpful comment so far; thank you. I have now decided to get one of the HVYs, but now I just gonna decide which one; straight or beaker. Beaker doesnt appear to come with a diffused downstem.. does a diffused downstem make alot of difference?

Im not entirely sure.. the 250ml one does not have a carb I dont think..? Most GonG bongs do not

13. Not all EHLE's come with carbs, pretty much the only place I've seen carbed EHLE's is the GC shop.

I would go with the HVY straight-tube. From the looks its the only one with a diffuser.

14. one more thing the HVY has an 18mm joint on the tube so you have many more options for diffusers in the future you can do 18/14 like it has or 18/18. The EHLE has a 14mm joint on the tube so your pretty much locked into a poor selection of diffusers that will go into a 14mm join. The best in this catagory being an ehle or roor.de diffuser but sadly no shower heads. not to mention that a 14/14 adds like 3" of height and sticks out so far it just begs to be broken off. My 9mm has a 14mm joint and it bugs me because it sticks out so much with a 14/14 on there I would much rather it be a 18mm joint with a bushing style diffuser...

15. Go with the HVY straight. I have one myself, and really like it (check the avatar). The diffy makes a big difference and as mentioned before, the recessed joint makes it somewhat less breakable. Mine has survived at least two serious drops. They are quite a sturdy little piece.

One criticism I have about the 10" HVY straight is that if you pull too hard on it you WILL get water in your mouth. This is true of just about any tube that small though. And there are ways to avoid it. One is to remove the down stem with the bowl when you clear it. Or you could just clear it softly. Either way it's only a minor inconvenience.

16. ehle and the Hvy have same thickness i think i know the ehles are like 3.1mm thick or something. says on EDIT.

17. ehle 250 ML is 2.5 mm i believe. i own one i pretty much love it.

18. #18 bluntman889, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
    edit, my bad 18/14mm. too high to think straight when i posted this earlier

19. please post picture of 14/14 shower head I would very much like to see one.

20. EHLE diffuser has holes in it not slits.
    [​IMG]
    thats mine and its 5mm