Hurricanes

Discussion in 'General' started by Gilligan, Sep 27, 2004.

1. In my 21 years, only 1 hurricane has really effected me in middle ga, that was T.S. Alberto in i think 94 which caused major flooding. This yr several Hurricanes have come through recently bringing heavy rains and wind. Now another one is susposed to hit here tommarrow.

I hope this wind doesnt whipe out our crop.

I also have a ? for people who might live in FL. We (my family) has a house in St George's Island, which is like an hr drive from Tallahassee. I havent been down there since about July, and everytime i get a chance to go a damn hurricane comes. Does anyone know how bad that area has been hit? Ive seen pictures from different areas on FL and some places look like war zones. Were going to try to go down there after Jeane hits, and i was just trying to get myself propered for the worst.

thanks.

2. yea.. theres way to many hurricans this year.. thank you global warming!
    but i hope that you and your family stay safe.. and hopefully your house and crops are untouched!

3. Thanks bro, i live 4 Hours from the gulf, so i think we are going to get gusts of maybe 50 mph, which is really strong here, but is niothin like hurricane winds. Im worried the wind is going to mess up alot of crop aroundhere forreal. The water is good for them, it is making our grass and our tomatoes grow like hell, but the wind has knocked down hundreds of trees around here already this month. We have alot of pecan orchards around here, and they are very prone to being blown over. I put a big 20 gallon bucket over mine 2 last time, the wind blew the damn bucket over, but the plants were ok, they were in shock for a few days, but the water really helped them.

4. Just keep those nasty huricanes down there.. We have tornados up here and the two would definately not be a good combination..

Ivan did make it up through the eastern part of the state though.. I haven't heard if there was any damage.

5. Hope ya make it out alright. I think this has just cemented the fact that I will never move to florida

6. I visited Florida right before Ivan hit, and the TV had me paranoid. I get to my brother's house and all that happened is a tree fell over. Not sure what's up now, but the TV definitely adds to your worries.