Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Buckshot69, Sep 5, 2017.

1. I live in Florida my plants are 6 weeks into flowering should I pull them or risk losing them from Hurricane? I live on West side of Florida at the coast. IMG_20170827_195415.jpg IMG_20170904_234619.jpg

2. Have any plywood and nails
    Build a secure structure with roof around them that can withstand driving winds and rain

3. Thats tough....go get some netting, any size. Drape the plant with it. Tie it to the ground with good sticks. Tie the netting it off to nearby sturdy stuff. Then get tge hell out of there...it works because its not pulling on the plant

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don't think it can take 180 mph winds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If you have big limbs just tie them up to the plant before...

6. Are they in pots
    Move them inside, why not try and dig them up if not
    worth a shot you plan on cutting them down anyway

7. Or take your chances and ride the storm out
    Digging them up might hurt the yield by shocking them
    but when you replant they will come back,
    Better than losing them

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If he can get them low enough might work
    as long as he does not flood out

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. No they're in ground. 9 ft tall.

10. Oh shit

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. If I cut them, can I keep them alive in a 5 gallon buckets with aerated water?

12. No
    Can you get pond netting from homedepot
    do what ass monkey suggested and carefully bend them over with string and stake the tops down and cover with netting and secure the heck out of it

13. #13 STIGGY, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    You might snap and break the branches
    I guess if you have to you can see about making hash
    I would try to save them, the storm may turn at last min

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Central Fl born and raised here.... this ones supposed to be bad. I wouldn't worry about the plants too much at this point.
    Luckily mine is curing in jars for another week so I'm set on meds. If you're worried about smoking and don't have... try to cop it now before the dealers disappear. I been through a few sober hurricanes and it's torture. Be careful and stay safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Did you say 180mph winds?? If that's accurate then absolutely chop and chug in the freezer. Then make some live resin. Better than losing the entire plant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. No quick diy structure or trellis will save that. 180mph is fucking powerful!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Oh shit... that big! Ok i would tie them off good as hell

18. cut half -leave half...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. i was looking at my flowering plants today and thinking i bet there is gonna be alot of outdoor growers getting kicked in the nuts in florida.

What about zip tying something like a big ass fishing pole to them before you bend them down. Stake the pole in the ground maybe?? Let the pole take the stress and beating, the plant just has to hang on.

I think u said west coast and as fas as i know its tracking towards the east coast. Its a gamble either way really but you might not even see 3 digit winds where your at, or you may lose a roof.

will be thinkin of you and everyone down there sunday and the days to come. Best of luck. I have family in houston and i heard alot of the ambulances from all over the country are leaving there and heading to florida today. I have friends over in Deltona that are gonna ride it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I wouldnt risk it. Chop em asap. Premature bud is better than no bud.

• Agree Agree x 1