Hurricane coming, what steps should I take?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by brianles, Aug 28, 2012.

1. It looks like hurricane Issac is going to pass right over my grow. Heavy rain and 35 mph winds expected in my area. Is there anything I can do to prevent damage ?

2. put alot of stakes around and tie plant up,,, good luck i hope you make out ok

3. As fast as you can build a house around it
    Or grab some tarp and wrap it up....stake it with thick rebar so it doesn't fall....

4. run like hell

5. No worries, I'll get it when it comes by me in Texas...

Get out of there, don't sweat the small stuff.

6. [quote name='"brianles"']It looks like hurricane Issac is going to pass right over my grow. Heavy rain and 35 mph winds expected in my area. Is there anything I can do to prevent damage ?[/quote]

I just went thru issac in fl. winds around 40-50.he pack a punch and has slowed down meaning more rain for u. I wrap mine up with rope and staked up smaller ones .I lost a small branch .they look happy now that the sun back out.stay safe and good luck

7. SO i survuved huricane Irene. What I did was stake teh basses in multiple parts, get 4 6ft metal polls and a ten footer. I put the 6 ft ones in the ground forming a square around plants and the big one right in the center of the square. I created sort of a circus style tent that saved my plants from 60 mph winds.....but flooding on the other hand...

8. #8 5150, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    I never done it but I always thought I would add a sturdy steel rod next to the plant. Then plastic shrink wrape the plant to the pole. Even a large plant will wrape up like an X-mass tree. Make sure your pole or rod does not bend easy.

Again never done or even been close to a storm like this.

9. Yeah, its the wind that you have to worry about. Especially if you have strains that have big buds already. A plant heavy with buds cant stand a whipping from the wind. They look like hell when the wind stops.

Make sure theyrre staked very very well and if its a heavily branched plant, your going to have to find someway to keep the branches from whipping in the wind.

A few years ago, i cant remember the hurricanes name, but my plants along with their stakes were layed over. They never really recovered.

I can use the rain and have my fingers crossed, but the wind is very very worrisome.

Good luck brianes.

10. Thanks for all the advice guys. I've secured them as well as possible. Plus there is a tree line that should break some of the wind. Sustained winds are expected to be around 35-40. The rain has just now started. So, here we go ! Fingers crossed