Hurricane Bong BaSIX

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by man753, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hurricane Bong Basix - Grasscity.com

So i was wondering if this was actually quality glass. i have read almost all good reviews about it except one that said it was a piece of crap. so i was just wondering what you guys had to say about this. im also open to recommendations i just don't want to spend over $200 dollars.

2. I personally think the design is stupid looking, looks cheap and easy to break. If you want a simple bong, you can get a real nice quality straight tube and a quality diffused downstem for $200

3. "This patented Smoke filtration system is licensed by Hurricane worldwide and you get the one and only original. Like all of Hurricane’s range, this model is made of 100% borosilicate glass and is crafted totally tension free. It has an anti-break system and a lack of protruding parts that further ensures that the minimum amount of damage is done if the bong is dropped."

Can someone care to explain this "Anti-break system?"

4. Yes, basically they make the downstem glass weaker at a certain point, so the downstem breaks instead of the joint/piece. It relieves the majority of the force/pressure if dropping the piece. I think Hurricanes joints are recessed also, which makes them harder to break. Plus really thick, high quality, properly annealed boro. Have heard a couple bad reports about the joints being alittle loose, wiggly and not airtight, but very little bad. Hurricane/Republic of Bongland has been making nice pieces for at least 15yrs, i remember reading about them High Times in like 95 and wanting 1. Just don't buy the cheap, garbage, american knock-off "Tsunami", junk.....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ_S2347MS0]iLLEST WATERPIPE,HURRICANE THROWING DURABILITY - YouTube[/ame]

5. ^
    Hey that's one of my LHS. My cousin knows the guy who runs that shop. Apparently he's the one who started the whole Hurricane thing in Europe. Could be bullshit tho.

6. I'd laugh at someone who had that bong not because of the specs it just looks stupid and overpriced

7. For $200 no fucking way.

8. Get something with some percs, man. Function over fashion.

9. I just picked up this bong at my LHS for $175. But i recently broke my base :(
    So i think the bong your looking at is a little over price for what your getting.

Attached Files:

10. If u have never hit one then don't criticize it. It is one of the smoothest hitting bongs I have ever used. And the quality of it is like none other just watch the video above. The cyclone affect isn't just for show it allows for a smooth not harsh hit at all.

11. Huricanes blow lol..
    They are a bunch of hot air, good at not breaking, but nothing special

12. Lol 200 dollars

13. Going on looks, I wouldn't even buy one for $50. Go on to AyLT, find a nice straight tube or beaker, get a diffused downstem and it'll probably be cheaper and 100x better than that

14. If you haven't tried a hurricane you really shouldn't talk. They are one of the smoothest hitting, fastest clearing bongs you will ever smoke. A good buddy of mine has the basix and it is really nice for the price. The carb takes a while to get used to but other than that the thing is super nice, and indestructible.

15. They blow tried em. All have airy hits not smooth there is a dif.

16. To the people who look at a hurricane and say "200 bucks, f*** that the smoke swirls in a bong anyways I'll just get a perc bong for half the price" you need to try this bong before making that statement. Two weeks ago I shattered a great perc bong, smoothest thing I'd smoked yet, then I ordered this. It rips huge, will get you stoned as a motherf***, and is so smooth you can ghost every hit if you want to.
    That being said I will point out some drawbacks to the basix that make a legit custom worthwhile for a collector.
    1. The glass of a basix is asymmetrical, instead of care being lavished to make the bong perfect the time is spent making it strong and smooth. As someone here said "function over fashion"
    2.The seals are not 100%. The parts (downstem, ashcatcher, etc) will jiggle.
    3. The legs are just pegs, not molded sculpted legs as seen on the highest end ones.

Overall, you owe yourself this pipe, but if it's for collectors purposes, buy the custom one.