Hunting

Discussion in 'General' started by POTSTYLZ, Sep 16, 2004.

1. So who is going hunting this year? I just got my big game licence yesterday. I am stoked. I am going for deer and bear this year

2. Going hunting is awsome. i dont do as much hunting as i do fishing, but my dad has a nice size piece of land which he hunts alot. I will probably go a few times this yr and try to get me a nice whitetail. He has been trophy managing for a few yrs and he has some pics from him trail cam of a few really nice ones from a few months back.

3. White tail is the deer of choice to, there is a decent sized one over on my parents land, I hope to drop him this year

4. Yea, NC is some beautiful country. Id like to hunt for bear, all we have down here as fas as big game goes is whitetails and wild hogs. Hogs are pretty fun to hunt though. We have really good fishing down here though. The world record largemouth was caught about 30 miles away from where i live.

5. Im hoping to bring in at least a Salmon this year, but I dont think I have my shit together enough to try and go bowhunting. Next year maybe. Until then its all about the fishin. :)

6. man, you guys want some good white tail deer hunting, come on up to Buffalo County in Wisconsin... We set up a cam, and two days later we went back and the thing was full, and it holds 300 pictures... All in all there was like 200 some odd different deer, and I think it was 15 with over 10 point racks... its fucking nuts, you can't walk ten feet without seeing a buck out where my friend has his cabien

7. i like fishing becasue theirs no hard things to do jst let out the lines and smoke weed. When i take our 26ft sailboat out fishing sometimes i get stoned, catch a fish and cook it on the grill. but usally i'm in our 18.5ft alluminum fishing because it has a 140hp and it's kool to go fast.

8. That depends on what kind of fishing your doing. I fly fish, and that takes a little more concentration. I love trout fishing though, nothing better. I guess you kinda have to be raised a hunter to be a hunter...I'm not sure I could gut a deer...I've heard it smells nasty...and it's cold outside, and you have to stick your hands in there and clean him out....no thanks..

9. It only smells if you guy shot him (in the stomach). I have 2 words for peep that dont think they can gut a der - Deer Processing. We usualy field dress it and take it to my dads friend who has a deer processing place. He cuts the meet down and wraps it up. Look slike meat you would buy from the store.

I went trout fishing and caught a nice rainbow this summer. It was real nice and relaxing. Im more of a largemouth bass man myself. Nothing in this world tops catching a nice 5 lb plus lunker bass.