Hunters? Duck hunters?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by StoneyBaloney777, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Just wondered if there were any duck hunters out there, I'm in south Florida but love to hunt all over the state!

2. Yea bro I like goin out hunting. Im actually going out tommorow but its been a slow year where I am so im not expecting a full kill card.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Also slow down here, I usually try to hunt 3 days a week down here. Just haven't gotten the late season push!! Good luck tomorrow hope ya shoot some limits!

4. Thanks man! You too, its kinda pickin up here but nothin like it should be. The last 2-3 years have been pretty aweful.

5. hunt hunt hunt fucking hogs hogs hogs

6. Yup, I hunt around the mobile delta a ton. Just got home for Christmas from uni and I'm ready to put some steel in the air lol. In the past couple years duck hunting has gotten far too popular though. The delta is full of drake-wearing, duck dynasty-watching, poser duck hunters who pack up their decoys an hour after first light, shoot coots and pelicans, and are generally a bunch of fucking dumbasses.

7. Couldn't agree more, the sport sure is full of a lot people that don't know what they are doing. I see it phasing out after this year a lot of people had a hard year this year and the birds simply weren't in my hunting holes. Tough year!

8. Maybe. My dad tells me all these stories about what I consider the "glory days" of duck hunting, and it makes me think I'm just out here wasting my time, haha. But it's a ton of fun regardless of idiot hunters and the absence of birds.

Fingers crossed for a better season this year! I didn't do any good at all last season, maybe shot 25 birds total.

9. Agreed man I have never seen it as slow as I did this past year. It was awful and I didn't even hunt the last 2 weeks of season I was so fed up with the migration. Oh well on to turkey season down here in Florida! Can't wait to get me a bird or two.

10. I hunt down in Mississippi mostly deer I've been duck hunt in its a lot of fun

11. Mainly a deer hunter but have tried duck hunting the last couple years. We kill a ton of woodies around here and a mallard here and there. That shit gets expensive once you get into buying decoys and calls. Thinking about damming up a creek on my property and turning it into an impoundment.

12. Duck hunting is most certainly an expensive hobby but a lot of it is one time investments.. I personally love it. Of course I live in Arkansas where we have some of the best waterfowl hunting in the U.S. I enjoy it because it doesn't require you to sit still and quiet by yourself like deer hunting. You can smoke and cut up with buddies until the next flight comes in.

13. MT had the worst duck season I’ve ever experienced last year.
    Stupidly unseasonably warm temps did nothing to move ducks around. Outfitters were canceling trips and refunding deposits. I went out once and sat in sunny, warm and windy conditions for a few hours to no avail :thumbsdown:

14. #14 HT, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    This threads title has made me chuckle a few times now lol

15. Hunting is an interesting hobby, but the question is: is your interest in tracking down a duck or is your interest in killing creatures?

16. For starters you don't TRACK DUCKS. It's hard to follow duck tracks in water. No problem eating them? Is it the hard work involved in putting the food on the table that is disagreeable?

17. If you enjoy getting up real early, nasty weather & cold, duck & geese hunting is for you.