hunter s. thompson

Discussion in 'General' started by CanibasConsumer, Jan 13, 2008.

1. im interested in reading his books. can anyone recommend a particularly good one (other than fear and loathing in las vegas)? or are they all particularly good ones?

2. I thought Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 was an amazing read...an especially interesting book to read considering we're in the middle of a presidential race.

3. Damn, beat me to it. Fear and Loathing is the shit.

4. oh, and a side question: how many books are there?

5. the rum diaries is good

6. I've also got a book about HST...it looks like a textbook, hardcover and everything

It's mostly photographs, but includes handwritten notes and typed drafts of rare writings. It goes back to his days in the Army and everything, very interesting and it was a cheap buy at Barnes and Noble.

7. whats the name of it?

8. The Rum Diaries was awesome. His first book, iirc.

9. Gonzo
    [​IMG]

10. i need to go to barnes and nobles. i thought id find some torrents for the books or somethin. but i guess not >_<. i wish people who made torrents were into books haha

11. You say that now... wait until you get past about your tenth page of reading a book from a computer monitor. You will want to gouge out your eyes with soldering irons :eek:

12. Hell's Angles

Hunter lives and rides with them for a while and writes about it, which is crazy for any gang to let someone do that.

13. Hell's Angels is also pretty good.

14. Rum diaries was great. prlly my favorite besides f and l in lv

15. idont mind it. i read harry potter 7 on the computer a long time ago.
    and to everyone else thank you for the responses

16. Definitely plan on reading The Rum Diaries and Hell's Angels pretty soon, I've always wanted to.