Hunter S Thompson-Gonzo journalist

Discussion in 'Seasoned Tokers' started by SHWAKA, Oct 25, 2003.

?

Your favorite Hunter S Thompson book?

1. Hell's Angels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fear and Loathing on the Campain Trail '72

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Curse of Lono

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Another forum member posted a thread on how thay got burned by a dealer. It reminded me of Hunter S. Thompson's platform win he ran for the Sherriff of Pitkin County here in Colorado. His Freak Power campaign among other crazy(maybe not so) ideas was for harsh punishment for bad drug dealers.(stocks) It made me think of how much that crazy old writer made me understand the culture I live in. And how we are the power-united.

I would like the fellow membersof Grass City to give me a discription of your experiences reading and getting expanded by the writing of HST.

I would also recomend any of the books listed on the poll for those who have not yet experienced the Guru of Gonzo.

2. Sorry about the spelling. Guess what I was doing?

3. Ok, this post is not really what asked for but, being a huge fan of Hunter, I had to add this. If you are a fan, or even if you're not (you will be), two HST books should not be missed:

The Proud Highway-Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman
    1955-1967 - The Fear and Loathing Letters, Vol 1

and

Fear and Loathing in America-The Brutal Odyssey of an Outlaw Journalist - The Gonzo Letters, Vol 2

These books are collections of Hunter's personal correspondence with the likes of Norman Mailer, Charles Kuralt, Tom Wolf, Lyndon Johnson, Joan Baez and more than I could list.

They are included chronologically and work as a kind of biography of the man. They will give you an incite into his thoughts throughout his evolution into the most outrageous and brilliant journalist of our times. They also read as a kind of diary of a man that was right in the middle of societies evolution through the tempestuous 60's and 70's.

These are brilliant works. Pick them up, and read them.

4. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas..brilliant book.

'we had just entered bat county, there's no point mentioning it to him,the poor bastard is going to see them soon enough'.

fantastic

Grasscity Deals Near You