Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PositiveAttitudeMachine, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Anyone seen it? The wife is dragging me there tonight to watch it, I really have no ambition to see it... What am I in for?

2. Haven't seen it, but it is a dystopia movie, a "f"ed up future where famine and shortages are the norm. Each district sends a "tribute" person to be in a game where the contestants are killed off.

3. i have read all the books, but i have not seen the movie yet....

i think the books are pretty awesome..i haven't heard anything bad about the movie..i have heard both guys and girls who have said they like it.

but it is really long..
    like two and a half hours..

i don't think it will be bad! :smoke:

4. Fucking. Awful.

I'm sorry you have to go see it.

The camera man must have palsy, he can't hold the damn camera still.

All of the actions sequences are a blur, you cant tell whats happening.

They dont build up any of the characters.

Its just a really mediocre movie. I saw it for free so I dont mind, but I definitely would not pay to see it.

Edit: I havent heard one positive review from any of my movie buff friends, they in fact hated it more than I did. You may like it though! I just couldnt get into it, which is strange because its definitely my type of movie.

5. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh you just broke my heart :cry:

do you think it is worth seeing????
    and did you read the books by any chance?

6. It looks stupid as fuck or I'm just ignorant.

7. If this movie seems cool too you, do yourself a favor and either read the book or watch Battle Royal. Battle Royal has the same basic premise, but it's made for adult's and has real character development that is 10x better than in Hunger Games "the movie"... The book's alright, I only read half... Battle Royal's a book too, and probably better like the movie.

8. Probably one of the most forgettable movies I've ever seen.

I have not read the books, but I have talked to people who have and they still shared my view.

Although the person I saw it with didnt mind it, she said it was alright.

I dunno, I just really didnt like it.

9. It was kind of good I guess, you are most certainly right about the camera guy having palsy, that was the first thing I noticed about it. I wouldnt call it the best movie ever, by any means. Not the worst tho

10. I don't see why people hate this movie so much. It's nothing special, but it's also not that bad. I think you people just have too high of expectations.

11. I thought it was pretty good! Can't wait for the second one

12. Some of us just have a higher standard for movies, especially those of us who write or are more into movies than you're average joe.

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but Some of us do just have higher standards, we look for things most people dont even think about when watching movies. It's actually kind of annoying cause sometimes it will ruin a perfectly fine movie.

13. I have not. But I was kind of disappointed when I found out it wasn't about nazi's making jews fight for food because they could of made a great film.

I'll still watch this eventually mind

14. [quote name='"custondesign"']I have watched the hunger games movie...This is very nice movie...This movie is based on the game "The Hunger Games"....[/quote]

Your wrong sir. Use Google to check your facts before you post something that's obviously false

15. I thought it was alright, we only watched it by chance so I hadn't heard anything about the books prior to the film. But yeah, I'd happily watch the sequel.

16. meh is alright for movie based on book its pretty entertaining my suggestion down a couple of beers before going if your not driving . or drive there and bring a 6 pack of pabst and drink in the movies youll then mabye enjoy it more.

17. Better yet smoke 2 blunts to the face? If you are going to see a mediocre movie, usually the remedy to that involves marijuana :smoke: If I'm drinking I will fall asleep in the movie especially at a cobb theater!

18. Went to see Hunger Games last night and it completely surpassed my expectations. Once they finally entered the "arena" and started battling I was on the edge of my seat. The soundtrack was excellent as well.

19. Watch Battle Royale first. If you like it, then check out the remake with a twist called Hunger Games.

20. Story is of a book, written by a no name women, ...big deal I hear you say!,
    so whether the movie is any good, depends on if the director can stick to the story or follow bankers to sensationalism, in my opinion the director sticks to the story 55%, it the woman author who fucks it up, the hero's partner is just a Wimp, makes me puke,.....really guys no guy is such a wimpus. I give it a 4/10