Hunger Games? The fuck?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mogwai, Mar 23, 2012.

1. What Twilight is to vampires, Hunger Games is to Battle Royale.

2. Lions gate made it. So its sure to suck.

3. ^this is pretty accurate. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I read the books. they're pretty easy to breeze through but enjoyable for the most part. I guess I'm in support of it because I just love that everyone is basically talking about BR all the time, even if they don't realize it.

4. 22-year-old male here. Liked the book and movie, I'd probably give it a 8.7/10

The only reason the studio wanted the movie to be PG-13 was to be able to make money off of the books' intended young adult audience. They could've easily made a rated R film with the imagery in the book

5. I liked the black guy, I wonder how he died.

6. I wanna see this movie lol I think its gunna be quite interesting

7. Definitely, Lions gate has pumped out some trash over the years..

8. **SPOILER**

Death by dogs.

9. Ohh snap, those dogs were BEASTS! :eek:

10. Thr book and the movie just seem better if they weren't connected in my opinion. I want to go see the movie with my friends Saturday and it was an alright movie that just seemed to go by quickly like there was no still images or long parts in the movie. It just seemed like I was watching someone cut into different parts, I wondr how the next movie will not be like the book

11. [quote name='"REIS"']I liked the black guy, I wonder how he died.[/quote]

Kato killed him and if you really think about it katniss only directly killed one person

12. I think 2 the bees count IMO

13. Not really though she herself didn't kill her abd even at the end it was the dogs

14. Not bad, but slightly overrated. In a similar genre, both movies had such crappy trailers and exaggerated action scenes, but I liked Sucker Punch a lot better because it was so Lynch. Yes im biased.

Anyways. I hadn't read the book but Hunger Games is a very solid movie, mostly because of powerful acting by the lead actors. The story itself is ok. Its a combination of Battle Royale and The Truman Show, which was pleasantly interesting. The action scenes are nothing like BR because its American counterpart refuses to glorify the violence; rather, it is simply a necessity in the Games.

Oh yes, the black kid was definitely the favorite in my theatre as well. People cheered him on the screen and a few were like awwww when he died... :smoke:

15. started reading BR...

how can Collins not even credit this book AT ALL?? Do you really expect me to believe that she wrote the HG completely unaware that BR even existed?

16. Yeah I have a hard time believing her story personally.. but good choice reading BR man, you'll probably like it. When I picked it up I fell off the face of the earth for a week.

17. It seems as if all the themes the movie tryed to convey did so overdramaticly.

18. God i hate when movies do this, its like yeah....WE GET IT.....

fuck....

19. The books were pretty good, I hope the movie is as fucked up as the books. The first 2 weren't that brutal, but the last one is pretty depressing and violent. I mean the mutt's, along with everything else they make is just fucked up.

I haven't seen battle royale, but I'll surely get a copy now.

I hope the movie is as good, but haven't seen it yet.

19 year old guy here, hoping it doesn't turn into the new twilight because it really could be a good series.

20. I didn't read the books but I saw the movie with a group of people.......

I thought it was awful. Slow, boring, pretty dumb.

Basically a souped up younger remake of Running Man with Arnold Schwarzenegger.