Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Humidor for blunts?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by boredjim8, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Ive recently ran into alot of different headies and other good buds.. i was wondering if i wanted to roll an l and use a Humidor to keep 1 blunt of each type of headies i have n save them for a good occasion .. is it worth it?

2. I'd say try rolling a blunt of some middies or some other cheap weed first man. That way, you can test to see if it even works, before risking some good weed.

3. I'm pretty sure the weed would mold, and fairly quick. Most humidors are kept at 66-71 RH. The Relative Humidity keeps the tobacco from drying out, and allows the different oils to merge. It also gives it a firm but soft texture, and keeps the leaf very nice. I keep My cubans in a seperate one, and rolling blunts in another. The bud needs to be dry to smoke obviously, And the RH inside of a Humidor wouldn't let it go down...

But You can turn down the RH on many models, including the 2 I currently own. I'll roll a blunts ( like 1 gram) of some middies, and play around with the RH. That way, You'll have fresh blunts ready for use a week or 3 in advanced. With a low enough RH, you could also Cure the bud longer, Providing the Humidor has a intake/out take fan in the back. Only really high end models carry this, such as the one my Cubans call home.

I'll get back to you. I'm going to roll one and throw it in it's own humidor. It's a mini one that holds 8-10 Cigars and should be perfect! Wish me some luck.

4. good luck. :wave:

5. What would be the ideal rh for blunts? I'm currently trying to dial in my humidor and want to make sure I'm not over shooting it. I'm aiming for around 25-30%, I guess the best thing to do would be to aim for the rh of the blunt wrap tubes :)

6. man good idea. put it in a baggie then in a manson jar then in the freezer..... that should keep it.

7. I would say 30-40ish would probally work fine. I'm not sure though. I quit smoking before I got a chance to try it out, but good luck.

8. keep the weed in glass, in case you dont wnat to, or cant smoke a blunt. thats what i do

9. Oh dont worry, there's plenty more not rolled in blunts :) It just takes time to cut up couple grams and rolling, I want to take an hour or two and roll like 10-15 and just go get gone when I want one :D

Idealy I'll be able to store them in there for more than a month at a time...

10. no i never preroll blunts they will always turn out not as good and fresh