Humidity

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xxpaintdemonxx, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Overnight my room got into the mid 80s. I have been able to keep it steady in between 75-78 now the the right ventilation but I can not get my humidity back up to 50%. It has been staying steady at 20-23% and I'm noticing the soil is drying up quick. I have put bowl of water by intake into room and tried misting room. No results yet. It is only in the first week of the grow but can anyone give me tips on raising the humidity without a vaporizer or humidifier?

2. Its hard to control humidity indoors do to the nature of how a AC or heater works. Both remove water.

Humidity on the totem poles of things to worry about unless its excessively high is very low.

For myself I never bother even checking that part since I grow inside and like I said with a heater on your going to have very dry air, with a AC on your going to have dry air.

3. So as long as its not too high I have nothing to worry about? Always thought around 50% is ideal. And I'm assuming 80% is high. But to lower humidity just raise temp so I don't see that being a problem.

4. Grows take all sorts of shapes and sizes and you hardly have the "ideal" grow area. Growing outside even has its ups and downs...you cant control the weather.

As for the humidity like I posted its on the low end of the totem pole of worries and with a low humidity from start to finish your product will end up just fine. High humidity encourages mold growth so you want to stay away from that.

Its just a very hard thing to control accurately indoors. AC's primary method of cooling is to remove moisture from the air. During the winter time usually its always very dry.

5. Makes sense Ty for the answers