Humidity way too high

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by WeedGrowsOnTrees, Jul 2, 2020.

1. The humidity in my greenhouse during rainy or cloudy cold days is way too high. It gets well over >80RH
    I cant run electricity to the gh, and leaving only the window open doesn't help with humidity during rainy and cold days.
    Rain is frequent here.
    it feels hopeless at this point..
    Anyone got any advice? Really appreciated!...

2. calcium chloride is often used in diy dehumidifiers. you can also buy battery powered dehumidifiers, but i doubt they will be strong enough for a green house. maybe if you bought a bunch of them. otherwise sealing it up as best you can will help the most with humidity.

3. Thanks for your reply Bud.
    If I used calcium chloride(ice melter?) would I have to change it with new salt every once in a while, or would it last this whole growing season?

4. i honestly don't know. it's not something i have personally used. i feel like it would last a pretty decent amount of time, but it probably depends on the size of the space.

5. Run a heater. For every ten degree increase in temp I think you lose 10% of humidity.

6. We used HVAC tape to seal up our polycarbonate panels. I do have to run a large circular fan. It makes a diffrence but at the same time i have notices Indica strains HATE it. My buds are loose but my sativa's love it. Pick strains that thrive in a greenhouse or extremely hot temperatures. My sativas love the greenhouse so I think I will grow my indicas in the cooler months! Autoflowers help with that so it only takes a few months to get a crop!!

• Like Like x 1