Humidity Too High Even With Dehumidifier

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mickt, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Hey guys i am in my second week of flower im in a 1x1 tent 300w cfl 4" rvk fan extracting outside 5" intake my temperature is between 25 and 30 degrees but my humidity is still ranging between 60% & 70% even with a dehumidifier in the tent i tried it out the tent but its the same
    So could anyone advise me how to get this right please

2. #2 Mr. Mojorising, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    your dehumidifier is to small and does not have the capability to lower your humidity. I would suggest buying another one this time do the math so you know your humidity level will be ok.

best to you

3. Ok ty i thought it wouldnt matter on size as my m8 has same one and hes fine

4. Well his relative humidity may be lower that yours that is why he is fine and you are having trouble. What type of dehumidifier do you have? What are the specs on your dehumidifier?

5. ok this is the one i have in the pic (amazon) sells them im not sure on specs so ive took a pic of the front and back whilst i have been getting back to you my humidity has dropped to 49 with my room door and tent door open luckily i can do this while my kids are at skool but it will shoot back up once theyre home and i shut the door to the room as well as the 2 fans i said i also have 2 oscolating  fans inside the tent 

Attached Files:

6. Quite a while ago I tried that model for a 2x2 tent and though there was some condesation in the well, it did absolutely nothing to lower humidity. I dumped it.

7. Ok ty for your help could anyone recommend a decent dehumidifier in uk please

8. #8 usedtocare, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    Get a stronger exhaust fan like a 6". The moisture isn't getting properly exhausted from the tent with that little fan. 

9. Im having the same problem.. Im starting week 4 of flower and rh shot up to 51%.

I have a filter and exhaust fan but it exhaust into the room ... Thats no good.. So this weekend I'm venting it to the attic.. Hopefully this takes care of that !!

Paging Dr. Green Thumb

ok ty for your help i am having to get another exhaust fan so i will try 6 inch instead