humidity question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by happyface78, Feb 22, 2009.

1. I would like to know what happens to your plant if is grown in a room humidity of 15-20% ?

2. My plants are growing in those conditions(6 weeks now) and they are going pretty good. This is my first time so i can't say if they would do better with higher humidity. Do a search and read some of the posts. Others here grow in low humidity.

3. i tried to do a search on low humidity, but all i get are how to prevent it( bowls of water, humidifier...etc) but none of them say WHY? why is low humidity bad? why do you need to keep it at 40-50% (depend on growth stage of course). All i read is that low humidity give you denser buds and higher resin. High humidty give you airy buds and mold. So why do you guys try so hard to keep the humidity high? Maybe i'm just a crappy forum searcher. Anyone know the answer? plz? :confused:

4. I've heard that if the Humidity is too low then you have a higher chance of bug problems.