humidity question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smutpeddler, Feb 1, 2009.

1. can i get away with 35 to 45 percent humidity during the vegetative stage. i have a humidifier but i only keep it on during the dark hours(this and a space heater keeps night temps at about 63 f with about 50 percent humidity). as soon as the lights come on along with a very small fan, the temps go to about 77 f and the humidity pretty much dissipates to mid 30s. i also have a bucket of water with a towel hanging out of and the water does evaporate. i have tried leaving the humidifier on during lighted times but the level just drops as well. Drops a little more slowly, but it really doesnt make a difference.

I just need to know that if having the coolers temps will allow me to get away with the lower humidity.

2. heat + smallish space + cup of water left out=high humidity

Humidity is only really needed during propagation and vegative stage if its too humid when flowering can cause mold + other un-wanted problems:smoking:

3. oh and 45% is fine anyway depending on the strain and its preferences

4. the space isnt actually all that small. more like a walk in closet. just gaining experience.

will northern lights, cheese, lemon skunk, and white rhino be able to deal with these conditions successfully? i have a feeling they will be fine. i dont want to deal with sensitive plants, for now at least.

5. honestly, its not too big of deal if you keep your humidity around 30-40% in the veg stage, but make sure you stay away from mid/high humidity during flowering (i would say keep it close to 20-30%), just to make sure no mold forms.

6. thanks for your input guys. much appreciated.

7. If you have an exhaust fan then put it onto a recycling timer and have it run for 5 min every 10-15 min depending on the size of your humidifier or set the fan to a dehumidifier and it'll come one only when the humidifier get to above your preferred humidity level.