Humidity question

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Smoketoke79, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Growing 3 autoflowers in coco/perlite mix. Currently In week 5 and pistils are showing. My temps stay around 70-75 and my humidity is 64-68. Should I consider a dehumidifier or is that ok?

2. Sure, considering a dehumidifier, especially for the latter stage of flowering, is a good idea. Can you bring those temps up?

I have a Kings Kush this run and it has tied a previous plant for fastest beginning to flower. 2.5 weeks. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I ended up buying one for 275sq ft but its barely doing anything. Sending it back and going slightly bigger and more expensive. Fk it

4. How big of grow space. You’ll need a WAY larger dehumidifier then size of room or you’ll NEVER keep up. Your humidity will spike when lights go on and off. You need something than can dry that out as quickly as possible to prevent long exposures to high humidity. I have a 110pint for a 8x16 room and it struggles at times. Like mentioned above, you’re good for another week or two, before you really need one.

5. definitely will need one, I attempted my first grow without one almost lost the whole grow. mine is a 1,500 sqft humidifier in a 3x4 with a 3.75 gallon tank I have to empty it every 2 days or so maybe that third morning but you never want it to get full since that will cause the unit to shut off and your humidity will sky rocket. before i got mine and i live in new mexico with 5 to 15% humidity most of the time it would be at 99% within the first hour of the lights being on. i recommend getting a ink bird as well to control all of that.

6. I just bought a 50 pint GE at Home Depot to but in my mini greenhouse cause I was getting bud rot. When I’m don’t with it in green house it’ll go into my drying room.