Humidity question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by momo4ya, Jan 7, 2014.

1. I am thinking about setting up a room for autoflowers where I would have 6 different strains with each one in a different stage of flowering so I can get more consistent harvests. So it will have plants anywhere from 20 days to ones that are ready to be cut down. The only problem I can see is that I don't know what I would keep the humidity at. Do you think it's a bad idea to do this all together or is there a happy medium I can keep it at? I have a seperate closet I am going to use for the plants that are in veg. Let me know what you think.

2. Keep it lower for flower. Move the air with a fan. Stagnant air will cause moldSent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 40-60%

Most efficient way to deal with it is good ventilation. Fortunately I live in a mild climate and that's all it takes, atmospheric control can get pricey. I start getting into the "well, if I have to do this and that I might as well seal up the room and add co2" mindset...

4. I would say an indoor gardeners best friend is a dehumidifier designed for the square footage of their indoor garden, preferably one that has a hose attachment, so you don't have to empty buckets of the condensate.  In late bloom try to keep about 35 - 45 % humidity, this will help build thc content.  The thc is preventative for the plant not to dry out, so the dryer the humidity and higher temps make the plant want to build more thc to help preserve the last and most important, the bud(which normally would contain the essence of life:  The seed

5. How bad is low humidity? Having trouble getting mineabove 30%.