Humidity Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I have been wondering this. I constantly see people refer to Temp and Humidity. Obviously you don't want the humidity really high for mold problems, but is there a reason to aim for around 50% like most people do? My humidity has been running pretty low, and I'm just wondering if there's adverse affects to the humidity being low. I know how to raise it if I need to, but I"m just wondering why I should. Seems like less humidity will likely mean less chance of mold and mildew. What are the benefits of keeping the humidity around 50% as to say 30%, 20%, or even little to no humidity. Is there a problems with that, and my biggest question is why? I've heard many people say where you should keep the humidity, but no one says why. Obviously the humidity being high is a different issue, but I'm talking lower.

2. There is a lot of info already out there on this so you need to do some research for yourself but humidity is important.

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud

3. I've done a tremendous amount of reading and no one seems to know why the humidity should be40-60. You don't want it high for obvious reasons, but no one seems to be able to list a single drawback, including you. Just asking why it's so important to keep it up. If you don't know don't respond.

4. I don't know for sure but my guess would be that a humidity range of 40% to 60% is comfortable to most living things. It's not too dry or too wet per say. Anything over or under those numbers starts to have more of an effect on things. The idea, I believe is to just have humidity not be a factor, as in the middle range keeps it out of the equation and the plant doesn't have to adjust or deal with it. One less thing to worry about.

5. I read somewhere that too low humidity can effect osmosis and the rate at which internal water crosses the membrane, throwing off the plants equilibrium. Sorry I can't remember more details.

6. [quote name='"MyDogSmokesWeed"']

I've done a tremendous amount of reading and no one seems to know why the humidity should be40-60. You don't want it high for obvious reasons, but no one seems to be able to list a single drawback, including you. Just asking why it's so important to keep it up. If you don't know don't respond.[/quote]

Dry water prevents he stomata from opening to their full potential. That seems like a drawback! Too much humidity prevents transpiration. That seems like a drawback too! There's your fucking fish.

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud