Humidity problem - need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AloeRuss, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hi

I have been wrestling with humidity issues in my 5x5 Jardin tent
    It stays at around 80 and no matter what I do, I cannot get it down.

I have 2 cans of Damprid there right now. That hasnt moved a humidity at all.
    I really dont want or have $150 to spend on dehumidifier. Do you guys have any other ideas?

Thanks

2. Hows the ventilation hooked up in the tent?

When I set up my 8x8, I had humidity up to 90% unless I kept the door open.

It wasnt until I hooked up my ventilation system properly did that problem go away.

440cfm 6" fan blowing air out of the room through small vent
    I have ducting going from the fan, up to my 1000w hood, then connected to my 6"x24" carbon filter

Air & Odor is sucked in through the filter, passed through the light hood(slightly cooling it) and then out of the room, which comes out with no smell.
    My room stays about 45% to 60% humidity just from that little tweak.

Just gotta find out what works for you

3. I use a dehumidifier, they are so good. my humidity would be 80-90% without it, but it keeps it at 50% for me. it takes 3 litres of water out of the room every day

4. I heard a good things about de-humidifiers. Couldnt find them at any stores here and I think it is around $200.
    I would love to buy one but I have to wait to get paid. Do you think anything bad will happen with humidity up to 80 for another week or so?

5. How old is ur plant.??
    For young plants higher humidity helps.
    Have u checked amazon??
    I seen dehumidifiers for less than $50.

6. I actually bought one of those small dehumidifiers off amazon last year for about $50 thinking it was a good deal. I would leave the thing running all day and night and it would barely pull a measuring cup worth of water. I think as far as these go, you get what you pay for. If it's a real issue for you I would save up for a nicer one

7. You gotta move more air out of the tent. But, i just recommend buying a dehum. They work great and you won't ever have a humidity problem again.

8. 80% is not good but it's unlikely to kill them. it will stifle their respiration rate somewhat though. can you give some details on the ventilation. long hoses really put load on fans, shortening and straightening it can have a big effect. also having an intake fan can help lessen the load on your exhaust fan.

what is the humidity of the room the tent is in?
    what's the humidity of the air outdoors?

9. what are the optimal himidity's.... seedlings ? clones ? veg ? flower ?

10. Hi

I had this tent runing for about 5 month now. THe hum problem started when my plants were diagnosed having powdery mildew??
    The pipes I have are fairly short in between the devices. 10 inch being the longest, and that one pushes the air out. I think dehumidifyrer would be the ultimate solution to control the hum forever. and I guess this would be the ultimate answer...

11. is 10% humidity bad?

12. Easy ways to fix high humidity.

1.) dehumidifier
    2.) better exhaust setup
    3.) after watering remove all the excess water from the saucers ( if you use them ) / remove excess runoff water with a shop vac off the floor. This is a large cause of humidity in my grow rooms.

Also for clones and veg I stick with 60-70%
    Flowering is 40-50%.

Hope this helps a little.
    BHAM

13. between50-65% humidity is best and as Mj is a tropical plant as long as humidity is kept good you should be fine but most prefer around 75 degrees, i keep my grows at 75-77 temp and 54% humidity

14. I guess everyone has their own opinion on what the best humidity is. for me it's 40% but I'm very happy for anything between 40-60% anything above 60% will seriously slow their transpiration rate .
    clones that are not rooted are kept near 100% until they have roots and then are weened off.

15. I have never experienced it lower than 40% that must feel so weird

16. my humidity reader just says LO%