Humidity level? Ghetto ways?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by goombah111, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ive used wet paper towel in the past but it seems to be hard to control, it gets too humid.

what level should it be? how can i tell without a measuring device?

thank you if you have the answer, thanks also if you dont.

2. You won't be able to tell without a measuring device. You can get a hydrometer for like 10$ from walmart. If you could tell me a little about your space I could suggest a few ways to raise humidity.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 2x2x4 ft. 4ft being the height.

just a small setup for a single plant.
    so its very easy to raise temps/humidity too high.

also, whats a good temp, 80?

i spent 0$ on this years setup. bought the lights a while back for 20$
    got 200w of cfl. 100w at 5500k and 100w at 2700k, should i run both or wait till it gets a fan leaf?
    i also got 30w's of LED, mostly red.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dont even worry about humidity. I used to fight it all the time from less then 10% in the winter to over 90% in the summer. Keep plenty of air movement and you'll be fine. They'll drink more when humidity is low and less when it's high. When it's high keep alot of air movement going. Fans under and below the canopy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. If it's a seedling put it under 1 5k cfl then add more as it gets older. When you flower then add the 27k lights. I wouldn't worry about humidity now, but I do in flower. I used to stress if more but they grow either way. As long as it's under 55 or 60 in flower I'm happy.

6. 80 is a little high. Depends on strain to. Some strains can take heat better than others . I shoot for 70s

7. 55%? okay, thank you for that.

15k? dont got one of those. should i use 5500k or 2700k? as a replacement.
    27k = 2700k ?
    shouldnt i have both lights going throughout the grow? more watts is better in my situation, no?

to clarify, i only have the 2 lights. and some LED.

8. Use one 55k light to start the seedling. Then add more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. I have that same size tent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. i have a 5x3x5 setup for flowering. LST all day

11. Get a bottle cap usb humidifier and a controller, set it to turn on and off at x%
    Look up dirt man dans humdifier . That's the cheapest way to get it under precise control

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. You could always spray the tent walls for a quick fix, put a bowl of water in the corner, or hang a wet towel inside the tent. If you don't want to spend money that is

I was actually going to get one of the DIY bottle cap/controllers for my veg closet this weekend

13. bottle cap thing sounds cool. might get one.

for now i guess ill just stick with the paper towels. thanks everyone for the help.