Humidity Dome

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BZDR, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I am about to germinate my seeds and once I do, I had planned to put them in rapid rooters, with some hydroton around them in their netpots. I was planning to sit them in the DWC system I have (but with no water in it yet), with 2700k CFLs on them.

This is in an attic, so humidity is high (temperature is good though). Do I still need a humidity dome?

I am growing the Solo Ryder autoflowering strain.

(also point out any other problems you see)

2. Never did hydro so I may be off base but normally humidity domes are used on clones that have yet to develop a root system. With no roots they can't absorb moisture from the soil so they have to get it from the air. Sorry if this doesn't apply to your situation.

3. I soaked my seed for about four hours in water, then dropped them straight in the rapid rooters. That way I didn't risk damaging them or the roots.

I don't think that you'll need the humadome. I just watch them and when the plug looks like milk chocolate cake I drip ( from my mist bottle) some water on them till they look like dark chocolate cake.:D You don't want them to be soaked or you will drowned your babies.:eek: