Humidity Dome?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mello3647, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Hey. Looking into humidity domes and wanted to know if it should work under a grow light inside or do I need it in a hotter area? Should I leave outside instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Is it for starting seeds?
    I start 'em in a solo cup with some plastic wrap over it and holes poked in it. then stick it under a light to add enough heat to form moisture on the plastic wrap... warm & humid. no idea what the temp is inside the cup, but if it forms water droplets on the plastic wrap, its warm enuff.
    just be sure to remove the plastic wrap as soon as it sprouts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. When I start seeds I also use solo cups starting my outdoor this year I put everything into cups and put em out under some good shade no humidity dome just gotta make sure they don't dry out I believe a lot of people use the cloning tray/dome for seeds tho I kinda left a dome on to long and murdered some seedlings so as said above remove as soon as it sprouts ha

4. I recently had a seedling sprout and die soon after. Before the leaves even showed. I was contemplating a humidity dome to help me successfully get a sprout to the next stage

5. What kind of soil did you have it in?
    You should be using seed-starting soil with no time-release crap in it... and i don't recommend miracle grow anything.

*edit: once it sprouts, the dome comes off anyway, so i doubt a dome would have helped.

6. I had a starting soil. Other said they used the same type as me with no problems.