Humidity Control in a Grow Tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by camptzak, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Hi Everyone,
    I have outfitted my 4x4x7 grow tent with a 440 CFM Fan and a 600W MH bulb. The air extraction fan pulls air through a carbon filter, then through the light, then out of the tent. I currently have three other fans in the tent as I am going to grow autos from seed in the tent. The lamp is ~3 feet away from the sensor and the sensor is reading at 75F, but the humidity is at 25%. There are currently no plants or soil in the tent, this is a test run.

Will the humidity rise when there is wet soil and plants in the grow room? Does anyone know how to raise the humidity? Should I put a humidifier near the grow tent intake?

Thanks!
    Zack

• Like Like x 1

2. With wet soil humidity will rise, you need to add moisture to the air. spray bottle is your humidifier.
    simpleand effective.

3. Had same issue. Added a humidifier but it still stays kinda low with the lights and fans on. Once darkness comes and the fans are also off I like to leave the humidifier on for about 30 minutes to raise the humidity.

4. what size tent? What type of humidifier?

5. 5x5. Just a small $40 one from wal mart

6. With my led 900's going it got hot and humidity down 2 30-35% with dried a couple plants and they became brittle. I freaked. Added fans and a humidifier and they came back awesome!! I've been keeping humidity about 57-65% and it has made them blow up for sure. Later part of 2nd week of veg and they are thriving in this environment. Temps at 77-80F AND humidity at 58-65%

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I put a humidifier in there, but I cant seem to change the humidity. Right now temp is at 82 humidity at 20 with lights on.

8. you have a tent? keep it zipped up and turn the humidifier to full blast

9. might take 24hrs

10. Watch the excess heat the humidifier produces, especially on higher settings. Just something to keep an eye on, cheers!

11. Thanks all,

I got a "cool mist" humidifier and the humidity is up to 30%..and climbing. hopefuly I'll reach 50%. THe heat is at 72F so I am think that is good.

12. Probably needs to be a little warmer to promote growth. I would think

13. I was told that anywhere between 70 and 85 F was OK, have you seen this temperature be not OK?

14. I had read several times that 76.7 was perfect. I definitely saw 20% more growth at 80 than i did at 70.

15. I never let it get under 75 or over 81

16. That humidifier should really do the trick once u get to 50-55% and can keep it there

17. Actually, the temperature is at 77 now, but the humidity has stalled at 30%. I have a second humidifier, should I use two?

18. I would think whatever it takes. Just keep your eye on it and try to find the sweet spot with the humidity.

19. Ok cool, thanks for the good advice. How do you keep such a tight temperature range? Do you have heaters/chillers that kick on if the tempreature moves out of range?