Humidity and smart pots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dubs_okaygo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Last night my tent humidity hit 99%
    Ever since I started using smart pots I noticed a large increase of humidity.
    I don't mind too much, during the day the humidity is right where I want it, and usually at night as well.
    Being that it was the first night my plants were in the tent I am a little worried that the humidity will start to hit that high every night after watering.
    Best advice?
    Should I just leave my exhaust fan on all the time, or just open the window vent at night?

Once flowering comes i will be getting a dehumidifier, I know humidity is more serious in that stage, as well as light leaks. For now I feel like something as small as opening the vent will help?

Much love

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. Many (Most?) of us leave our exhaust fans on 24/7, and even then the humidity will be high.
    Humidity fears are overblown, at least for me in a hydro system with good air circulation.
    Being in the high 60s or low 70s during flower hasn't caused problems.

3. Alright I'll see what it's like leaving the fan running tomorrow . I'm not to worried about it right now, but 99% humidity during the flowering stage is just a little scary.

I guess it's gonna take some playing around with my set up to figure out what's best for me.

Thanks for the advice!

4. 99% humidity? Seriously? That means it's about to rain. You'd better get your plants an umbrella.

5. That's what I'm saying! My meter has never bounced like that. Now that everything is on and the window vent is open it's back to 62.

Now that I think about , the meter was pretty close to the plants. Time to move it! Lol

6. That's probably all it was. FWIW, I only run my exhaust while lights are on.

J

7. Lol yeah my dumb ass had it right next to the plants not noticing there was a magnet on the back that I can literally just attach to a pole hahaha. Problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keep an eye on things anyhow as I'm sure that you just had a little glitch going but I bet things end up just fine!

J

• Like Like x 1
  9. I bet that saves you some money though the year. I just don't run my inline cf when lights off in veg, just for first couple weeks of veg. but I run one 9" inch oscillating fan that goes over the canopy and one that points up to the light which and one that I have on a real Bushy plant so air runs though it. never tried in bloom but I'm in a tent. You still run an oscillating fan @jerry111165 or whatever your using for ventilation. this is the only reason I have a fan just on this planet 24/7 It a Bushy Blueberry don't want to get Mold or bud rot, plus a Dehumidifier in bloom.[​IMG] [​IMG] my last Grow using bottled nutes can't wait till she's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. I did the same thing last night, just left my window vent open, with a fan inside oscillating and one behind the vent. Temps didn't drop any lower than 68, and humidity stayed right around 60, so that's what I'll continue to do. I'm only in a 2x2 anyways. I'm already running out of room since I can't start training until after this next transplant :(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hiya @Robbie714

I'm in a larger - maybe 10' x 12' spare room to flower in so I'm sure that makes a bigger difference over a (more) cramped tent as far as general airflow goes.
    Good luck on your upcoming organic soil garden.

J

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey Mr. Jerry Thanks!
    Yes I remember your running Nice big Veg/Bloom rooms! you have much more air flow going then a little tent. just getting my cover crop ready (w/clovers&fenugreek in a 15g smart pot just for one plant in 4x4 to start until I have a bigger Grow area. [​IMG] just received 10lb of basalt to make about 4 cub feet or so. I'm Just trying to keep it simple stupid, and use the biggest pots I can.

Happy Labor Day OP Jerry and GC

• Like Like x 1
  13. I find oscillating fans work best for part of your ventilation! Your temps and humidity seem to be fine. I have a 36x20x60 and I grew two Nice plants in there. Once you up pot then you can train to your liking.
    Good Luck!