Humidity and Bugs are the enemy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TonytheGrower, May 10, 2010.

1. Hey, I'm new to the grasscity forum and had a few questions on my first outdoor grow.
    1- We have insanely high humidity where I'm growing and I was wondering if that will cause some mold issues. I ordered 10 feminized seeds specifically categorized for outdoor growing (THC Bomb). Should I worry about it or just leave it be.

2- Any tips to keep away pests. I was planning on buying fishing line and wrapping it around my plot to keep away the deer. Also, I'm going to be spreading mothballs and piss around (don't worry my babies are going to be in pots). Another thing I'm thinking about trying is spraying Neem Oil on my plants to keep away insects and such.

3- Soil wise I'm planning on going with FFLW for the early weeks of life then switching to FFOF when I plant them into their first big pot (1-2 gal). Dose that sound like a decent rode to take. I have a digital PH meter and will be monitoring the draining PH and the water I will be using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to read and do as much research as i possibly can but you know their is only so much you can do.

2. Soooo. Any highdeas on humidity? I'm probably just over thinking things.

3. lol humidity in Ohio? try moving to the gulf of mexico and having some real humidity issues :D

sorry my answer's of not much help. I'd say you're fine up there man.

4. Ight, thanks for the reassurance Zena.

Yea firehose, i was thinking of doing something like that, (plastic wrap around a tee-pee of sticks), now i definitely will. At least until they grow to about 3 feet.