Humidifier question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deleted member 1069137, Oct 24, 2018.

1. I see alot people put humidifiers in their grow rooms but I have some concerns and wanted to ask a few questions. I have my humidifier outside my tent blowing in. 32x32x63 tent 400 watt hps 300 watt led. My concern is I want to place the humidifier inside the tent but im worried about water accumulation or condensation buildup on my lights. Is there any risk that the humidifier will blow water on my lights and cause them to malfunction or break? Has anyone ever heard of this? If I sit it close to a wall it will build up moisture and drops of water on the wall.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. People put humidifiers in their grow rooms? I’ve seen people put DEhumidifiers in their grow rooms, and I have one in mine.

What is your humidity that you need to add moisture to the air? Must be really low

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

3. Yeah I thought they did lol maybe they were dehumidifiers, but I need a humidifier. Its about 30 40 rh right now I am flowering.

4. That’s perfect! Don’t change it! During flowering 35% - 40% humidity is ideal. During veg you want RH to be higher....closer to 55% - 60%. During flowering, I use my dehumidifier to bring my humidity down to where yours already is.

5. OK Thanks but do you think that its safe to have a humidifier blowing around moisture in a small grow room with a hot hps and led lgiht? I also need to start thinking about how to get my curing rh up when harvest comes.

6. I have never grown with HID (MH or HPS)....only with LED. Just make sure your ballasts aren’t close to the humidifier or in its direct line of fire, so to speak. They should be mounted externally I believe. If you are concerned about the bulbs themselves, that probably means that you don’t have cool tubes to protect them. I know you are suppose to keep the bulbs clean so you don’t want water spots on the bulbs when they come on or the leftover spots will certainly not be good for the bulbs themselves.

I would use the humidifier for a separate tent that you can use for drying. But make sure the humidifier has a humidistat in it so you can set an RH that the unit can then maintain. Otherwise, the humidity will not be automated or controlled and you will literally have to sit there and turn it on and off to maintain an RH. Or I suppose you could put the humidifier on a timer.

I have a separate tent for drying large yields. Build some of these racks and stack them depending on how many you need.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1