Humidifier for grow room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Whitebreadd, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Hello all have a quick question i have a small closet grow room and was wondering if i bought a travel size humidifier if it would help the plant or benefit in any way?

2. What are your humidity levels?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. The temp is at 82 degrees and the humidity is at 45 to 50

4. If your flowering, that's perfect. If vegging, it's a little low. But not bad and I personally wouldn't do anything about it. But, Around 60 is good during veg. and thats around where I am at usually. If you did want to add a little humidity, a small humidifier would walk or you can hang a t shirt or towel with the bottom of it in a pail of water and have the fan blow across it. The fan blowing across the damp fabric will bump up humidity a little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Okay thank you very much you got any tips to control smell to little to no money

6. Yeah thats whaat i was thinking to just make my own ill check into that thank you very much for the help

7. Well diy would cost you for materials etc. For 25 bucks, I'd pick up one off eBay. I may get one just to have as an emergency back up. What size is your grow room?

8. Its probably as wide as a door and almost as tall as a door. I have a picture of it up in another thread. Another question what about an air purifier would that fix the smell? Cause they control smoke maybe it will work?

9. I doubt it. But if you have one try it

10. #12 gardenersyard, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    You want to buy a travel size humidifier. Good. I think you should read some reviews for getting good information about travel size humidifier. You may check this reviews: Best Grow Room Humidifier

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ona gel and any product that actually kills odors instead of filters it i have heared can take the smell out of weed aswell so make sure you dont put it in the same room as the plant's if you use it

12. I wouldn't put a air purifier in the your growing space and not around young plants ...
    Most if not almost all air purifiers use a UV-C light .
    UV-C light kills everything singled celled , also emits a deadly ozone that kills everything that lives ...
    Plant leaf's are single celled …………….
    I use a 35 watt UV-C light in my tent when I have a major powdery mildew issue.

I turn the UV-C light on for one minute per day and it still wants to kill my plants ..
    Most room air purifiers use 2 to 5 watt UV-C bulb .

13. Can do a homemade humidifier out of a 5 gallon bucket, pc fan, and a fogger kit from house of hydro. Build that and hook up to a humidistat. Set your desired humidty level and it does the rest. My setup total prob cost around $80. 20181217_174731.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Or you can buy a really good humidifier for less than $80 and not have to put the work into it... humidifiers are cheap.. dehumidifiers are expensive..

15. I went that route because of less hassle of refilling. 5 gallons will last quite a long time. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you had any desire to add a little dampness, a little humidifier for weed would walk or you can hang a shirt or towel with the lower part of it in a bucket of water and have the fan blow across it.