humans impact on earth

Discussion in 'General' started by dankarific, Jul 3, 2010.

1. i just like to give a big round of applause for the human species !

we have the liberty of knowing that we are the most destructive race on earth wooo !

we've slaughtered more animals than any other !

we destroyed more forest , ecosystems and habitats than any other !

we've eradicated more species of animal than any other !

we've caused more problems for this planet than any animals have done combined

and in return we get ? all the luxuries that us humans can afford !

who cares what other animals think ? am i right ? its not like they have BRAINS or anything....

its not like they feel pain, love, remorse like us humans do .

its not those animals have children or familys ! the indians respected our planet, and the animals we share it with .when they killed something they used every single part of the animals nothing went to waste and now what do we do ? throw away half eaten ham-burgers , thrash old fur jackets that took 6 animals lives to make and only 1 week to become old. we smoke bowls of dank that earth gave us and then what do we do in return ? cut down its forest , pollute its water , and destroy its natural beauty

so i ask you fellow humans ? what impact have you made on earth.

2. I don't care about the Earth.

3. yea i feel yea man, ever since using ganja i have noticed these things and have realized that all we need to live is in nature, when our cities fail us....man will go running back to nature for help.

4. what impact have you made?

5. im not saying im without my faults i , along with everyone else has done wrong in some way towards earth. but thats because it doesnt seem like that big of a concern or maybe its because we put our own concern ahead of others.

6. i'm a blowfish.

racist :devious:

7. go look up some george carlin bits on the subject

the earth is fine

8. i know it's all in good fun...

9. yea i may have over-exaggerated but it is a long problem and thats why i think no one seems to care because it will take a long time to fix and people are so interested in instant-gratification they dont realize if they make an impact now it will help for generations to come

10. Humans will kill themselves off long before the negative effects of our actions can manifest themselves.

11. Industrialization and the emerging western worlds deffiantly brought about some Sodom and Gomorrah type of dogma that infested the ruling classes of the newly industrialized countries. The politicians sat themselves upon the people who supposedly put them there. That system was eradicated long before the people even realized it was gone. Throughout the ages, a small faction of elitists formed roundtables of influence & subversion. They've been running the systems world over for all along. Imperialism, Monopolism, Eugenics and a Theology of greed & perversion. They run the religions, the armies, the infrastructures.

That's what's become of humanity. Everyone's just following orders.

Just kidding. I'm high as shit.

12. In a nutshell.

Massive amount of text follows, but it's worth reading.
    -George Carlin

13. /thread

14. quote "The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children." that would be true if plastic came from mother earth but it was manufactured in a lab. by humans. and im pretty sure all that plastic has to go somewhere , and that is just in this time period. picture 1,000 years from now ? that will be way more pollution than before. are we just suppose to ignore it ? are we just suppose to throw everything in the ocean and say "oh well the planet will take care of it."

15. The planet takes care of everything.

16. why hasnt it taken care of lil wayne or soulja boy. should of done that along time ago

17. Surely I've made no good impacts on earth while living in this society. I can't escape the atrocities we've committed to mother nature, as a whole. And I can't escape the atrocities that mother nature will beckon upon us, neither can you. But I do know one thing; I never ment any harm and I embrace all of life for what it is. I can't change the ways of humanity as an individual but I know for a fact that there will be other individuals just like me and when we have enough, we will exchange our old ways for the better of humanity and life as a whole.

18. I try to keep mindfulness all day everyday. I know things I do hurts the earth; driving, energy, etc.. But I do what I can to make what I do the best way possible; recycle, drive less, switch off the lights, no bags at grocery stores, etc.

It's a huge bummer the way our kind has treated and is treating the world.

Bottom line. Just do what you can. When you really think about it I know the world is in bad condition.. But we wont destroy the earth before we destroy ourselves. The earth will heal :)

19. Being "green" is one thing. Acknowledging that fossil fuels and pollution are fucking up the Earth (our home, where our food grows, etc) and causing the greatest extinction period in Earth's history since the last major impact event and seeking to change that is another.