Humanoid Raptors=Reptilians?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Buddha_Man, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Raptors are known to have been one of the most intelligent species of dinosaurs so what if they kept evolving into humanoid creatures capable of all types of technology, and the "aliens" that the ancients saw were actually humanoid raptors who had flying capabilities. what if they were dying out for some reason and spliced their genes with primates, and through thousands of expirements eventually created humans, while the last of them went underground to monitor us until the day of harvest so they can take out genes back and recreate themselves?

2. You are pretty high huh?

But I'd just lasso one and ride it. Maybe its like avatar an if you fuck it then it becomes your loyal steed.

3. That's a different thought,I've also heard that raptors were quite intelligent.

4. #4 Philosiraptor, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    Dude raptors weren't really reptiles they had feathers:eek:

Another thing, how was it known that they were intelligent?

5. They studied fossils of velociraptors and found that their braincases (proportionately) were among the largest of any dinosaur. They were pack hunters, and use relatively sophisticated strategies and communication to bring down prey much larger than they were. Velociraptors were about the size of a large turkey, weighing in at about 30 pounds. And they were reptiles, just a uncommon, warm blooded reptile.

The Velociraptors of Jurassic Park were based on another dromaeosaurid, known as Deinonychus, which was around the size of the raptors in the movie. Another species of raptor, known as Utahraptor, was discovered after the film was released, and oddly enough, displayed many of the physical traits attributed to the movie Velociraptors.

And yes, recent paleontology suggests that velociraptors had a coating of "proto-feathers", along with more prominent proto-feathers on their forearms.

But as for this idea, I find it very, very farfetched.....

Not discounting it as impossible, but the likelihood of a viable breeding population of velociraptor surviving and evolving into reptilian humanoids is very, very slim.

6. Why's it gotta be reptilian?

Racist!

7. You just mindfucked my mind with this very possible theory

8. [​IMG]

9. I wish I got that high...

[​IMG]

10. Lil foot!!

hmm its believable. I dont kno bout the part about them bein underground but I do believe theres some repetitians walkin around.. Ive seen some shapeshifters

11. Why are people so fascinated with reptilians?

I've shat more interesting conspiracies than reptilians :poke:

12. Reptiles would not, and could not have mammalian features.

Reptiles and mammals branched off from an early ancestor.

Considering that avians are the most advanced reptiles out there, wouldnt it make more sense for such a being to be more bird-like? (sorry haters, by scientific definition, all birds are reptiles)

13. they had an extra part of a skull which means they could communicate with each other. (so the scientists say)

also raptor bones are usually found in packs so they probably had the ability to communicate.

14. #15 Buddha_Man, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013

i never said reptiles had mammalian features. if you believe in aliens, would you say they are mamalian? no. they just have "human" like features, only far more intelligent.

if you really think about it, what do WE have in common with other mammals besides live birth and a little hair? not much.

dinosaurs were around FAR longer that mammals. who's to say that some of them didn't survive? raptors were actually bipods (walking on 2 legs).

for actual evidence, look at alligators and crocodiles. 2 of the oldest reptile species on earth. they found a way to survive so who's to say their weren't human-esque reptiles that survived?

also its a FACT that humans have both a mammalian brain, and a reptilian brain.

i wasn't high when i posted this either. i've pondered this theory for a while. IMO its not any crazier than other alien or reptilian theories. actually, i think it makes more sense.

millions and millions of years.

15. Keep telling them man u have knowledge that needs to be shared and yes I'm off my ass high

16. haha. please don't believe 100% in what i'm saying bro. a theory is called a theory for a reason. it's just something for us to think about until the TRUTH finally comes out....if it ever does :confused:

example: string theory. some guy was thinkin one day and made up some shit about little strings. there's no true evidence, though millions of people now believe in it.

an open mind is the best mind.

17. Im not going to argue further with you on this matter. You completely missed the point, sexually molested evolution, and No, we dont have a reptilian brain. The fuck did that come from? :laughing:

18. #19 steelhound56, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    I think OP is explaining the idea that our baser instincts are often called the "reptilian brain". The need for warmth, shelter, security, baser aggressive instincts, fight or flight etc.

But he is attempting to create a strawman out of this idea.....

If any intelligent reptile species survived the KT event, they would be far more likely to be avian in nature rather than reptilian. Certain species of parrots are extremely intelligent compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. Take African Greys for example. They can pass a mirror test, solve puzzles, and possess the cognitive capacity to learn behaviors that far surpass other animals.

And birds in general are intelligent creatures as well, discounting primates like chimps and gorillas, and a few particular species of squid. Crows and ravens are tool users, believe it or not.

19. I had this same idea when I was high, I imagined that all humans evolved from some form of animal like....Amphibians, Birds, Fish, Insects, Mammals, and Reptiles

The mammals are warm, loving, trusting people
    Reptilians are cold, calculating (political people?)

Anyone have any ideas for the other classes?