Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Human Perfection

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cantigo, Oct 12, 2011.

1. I once read a story about Ben Franklin and his attempt at human perfection.

I have thinking a lot on this an I have decided to undergo my own personal experiment.

Now how does one judge perfection in a human? Is is the amount of good he does or try does to do? Is it always doing the right thing at the right time? Is it having no flaws?

Is perfection to much for one human to handle? The perfect sibling, father, advisor at all times? Never a slip up in his/her life?

As impossible as it sounds I must try, second hand information is not enough for me. Just like Franklin I shall also keep a record ( like a checklist). I'll check off everything I managed to complete in that day.

But this also presents problems. If I fail to do all I put on the checklist in a day does it mean I have failed? Also what should be on the list. I myself can think of countless things to add, its staggering.

So I pose this question to you Grasscity. Is human perfection possible? Will it make life more enjoyable or make it even harder to be perfect? And most of all is it worth it?

2. Haven't you ever heard that there no such thing as perfect?

3. [quote name='"MicrowavedBagel"']Haven't you ever heard that there no such thing as perfect?[/quote]

Of course I have. Who hasn't I didn't create the thread so people could throw that line at me again.

Is it not worth exploring? I mean just cause people say it's impossible doesn't necessarily mean it isn't.

Im sure people thought going to the moon was impossible but look at what happened.

4. I'm perfect.

5. I think perfect could exist if perfect meant the same thing to everyone, but its different for all

6. #7 AcousticToker, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    I just have one question for you dude: why? What's the point? No human is ever perfect, full stop. We all have flaws whether it is noticed by the person themselves or by people around them, we are all flawed. We only have one life - live it to it's full, no need to spend time trying to be 'perfect'. Dude you had like a one in 250 million chance of being conceived and then continuing on from that the DNA that makes you who you are has survived countless wars, famine, disease, pestilence among countless other things that could have jeopardised you being created. Fuck the checklist man, fuck having to do everything correct everyday (also who is the judge in what is correct and what is not? many different people will have many different views). Be you, be who you are that's all that matters. In my opinion I think it would do you wonders to rip a bowl, sit back and marvel at the wonders of the seasons, or the beauty of flowers and plants blossoming or being amazed by the intricate workings of the human body, because after all.. It is chance we are here and it is damn lucky we are here, so don't take it for granted man and don't try and achieve perfection, enjoy what you were given and try to be content. :)

Just my small input dude. Peace. :smoke:

7. [quote name='"Soccerguy420"']I think perfect could exist if perfect meant the same thing to everyone, but its different for all[/quote]

Exactly why it's so hard to make a list.
    There must be some consensus on what people consider perfection.

8. you must be high as fuck brother

9. [quote name='"AcousticToker"']I just have one question for you dude: why? What's the point? No human is ever perfect, full stop. We all have flaws whether it is noticed by the person themselves or by people around them, we are all flawed. We only have one life - live it to it's full, no need to spend time trying to be 'perfect'. Dude you had like a one in 250 million chance of being conceived and then continuing on from that the DNA that makes you who you are has survived countless wars, famine, disease, pestilence among countless other things that could have jeopardised you being created. Fuck the checklist man, fuck having to do everything correct everyday (also who is the judge in what is correct and what is not? many different people will have many different views). Be you, be who you are that's all that matters. In my opinion I think it would do you wonders to rip a bowl, sit back and marvel at the wonders of the seasons, or the beauty of flowers and plants blossoming or being amazed by the intricate workings of the human body, because after all.. It is chance we are here and it is damn lucky we are here, so don't take it for granted man and don't try and achieve perfection, enjoy what you were given and try to be content. :)

Just my small input dude. Peace. :smokie:[/quote]

A perfect response I expect no less from an intelligent individual.
    But I'm not doing this for any self verification or anybody else's.
    It's merely a self imposed experiment.

10. [quote name='"casp3r420"']you must be high as fuck brother[/quote]

In fact I was in a quite sober state when I thought if this.

The odds may be stacked, but that doesn't deter me in the slightest.

11. Sure human perfection is possible. With the aid of technology. Being biologically perfect is extremely subjective

12. Well if it's all in the name of science we shall go invade Iraq. :smoke:

Nah but if it's what you want to do man then go for it, just don't expect to harvest any significant fruits. :)

13. [quote name='"AcousticToker"']

Well if it's all in the name of science we shall go invade Iraq. :smoke:

Nah but if it's what you want to do man then go for it, just don't expect to harvest any significant fruits. :)[/quote]

Can you tell me why you are against it?
    I'm not trying to say what you are saying isn't valid. I just wanna know why doing this wouldn't be beneficial.

14. Consensus truth? Oh noes.

15. [quote name='"shoelaceninja"']

Consensus truth? Oh noes.[/quote]

Explain?

16. I don't think it would be beneficial because what are you going to gain from it? How to follow society's rules to the utmost? How to train your body into physical perfection? How to have the worlds answers? Shiiiiit dude, that's getting to a know-it-all level and we all know no one likes one of those. :p

Why do you feel you have to achieve perfection? Has someone in your past told you that you could never amount to anything or something? Just try and be content. I see it kinda like I see trying to achieve happiness: it ain't never gona happen until you become content. That's the big one here. Instead of chasing the happiness (or perfection) why not realise your surroundings and where you are at that moment and be happy for that. Like I stated earlier, it's such a minute chance we are here, why worry about trying to be the best? Nature/people/the environment are so glorious we should just embrace that imo. Life is perfection.

17. You are experiencing perfection as we speak in a sense. Think of it as a mosaic and you make up one very very minuscule piece of it. So flawed, but so perfect.

18. Our imperfections make us who we are. I for one, embrace what I lack and use it as a drive to not make myself perfect, but make myself better.

19. [quote name='"AcousticToker"']I don't think it would be beneficial because what are you going to gain from it? How to follow society's rules to the utmost? How to train your body into physical perfection? How to have the worlds answers? Shiiiiit dude, that's getting to a know-it-all level and we all know no one likes one of those. :p

Why do you feel you have to achieve perfection? Has someone in your past told you that you could never amount to anything or something? Just try and be content. I see it kinda like I see trying to achieve happiness: it ain't never gona happen until you become content. That's the big one here. Instead of chasing the happiness (or perfection) why not realise your surroundings and where you are at that moment and be happy for that. Like I stated earlier, it's such a minute chance we are here, why worry about trying to be the best? Nature/people/the environment are so glorious we should just embrace that imo. Life is perfection.[/quote]

To answer your first question I honestly don't know what I could gain from it. I see trying to get something out of being perfect as a flaw.

Your second question is all perception as we know our society isn't perfect by an stretch so to follow that would be imperfect also.

To answer your third question it seem you think one needs a perfect body also with a perfect disposition. I don't think physical attribute add to perfection.

It's not that I feel that I have to achieve my goal. That was be crazy going into something thinking you can't be wrong at all. That is a flawed way to veiw the experiment.

Finally on your last point, no.
    No one has specifically told me I won't be anything. As I said before it's only a self imposed experiment. Not for validation by others. You also say being a know it all would be annoying, but seeing as te perfect being would always know what to say and what not to say at times that could be avoided.