Human Contact. So close yet so far away...

Discussion in 'General' started by Jimmy326, Nov 21, 2009.

1. I have social anxiety. and no not the kind that can form as a side effect of medical or recreational marijuana use. Ive been sober for 2 weeks now and currently the thought of interacting with any other human being scares me half to death. I'm currently dreading having to leave my apartment in 15 minutes for pizza at my dad's house (we do this nearly every friday). I am completely incapable of making new "friends". The only people i interact with are my co-workers and customers. For some reason I have no problem intereacting when Im being paid (and quite generously at that), But outside of the work environment I'd rather sit in my apartment alone then go out and have fun. Well, I take that back, I would love to be able to have normal social interactions on a daily basis, but I dont for fear of what others will think of me. How they will judge me. Do they think I'm an idiot? Is what I'm talking about entertaining to them? Can they see through my words to see just how full of shit i am?

Basically... I just wanted to get this all off my chest. Its been in there for a while. Thanks.

2. I can understand how you have become like this because i was the same for about half a year when i was like 17. Your worrying about people thinking your an idiot but you gotta remember that if you be yourself theres always gonna be people who think your an idiot.. But theres always gonna be those who like you for who you are and find you entertaining to have around, this is what i came to realise and i now have a really cool group of mates who i chill n go out with on a regular.

just relax and dont pretend to be different to make friends otherwise you'll end up with friends you dont want

3. Go seek professional help. You probably have an anxiety disorder or something. Lots of people have that problem you are not alone

4. Anxiety is a bitch. I hope this works out for you bro.

My advice?

See a therapist.

It might seem scary, but it will be a safe place and you won't be judged.

And wouldn't it be nice to start feeling better?