Hugging And Relationships

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Foxtrot, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

I've had some thoughts lately, mainly if being intimate with your parents has any effect on how intimate you are with the opposite sex and the correlation therein.

My mum and I have had a fairly emotionally dry relationship most of our lives. I have no reason why she's the way she is but I've made an effort the past four days to give my mum a hug every time she gets home from work. I figure if I can't hug my mum or be close physically with my mum, who the fuck can I be?

I have a mate who has had three girlfriends by his age, gets laid on the regular and whenever I was over at his house his mum used to make him give her a kiss on the cheek before he left.

So the poll really says it all, what's your deal?

2. Don't hug or kiss unless I'm getting my hole

3. I haven't hugged or kissed my parents in a loongg time, I just find it difficult to be affectionate with adults, not sure why. But I'm always all over my boyfriend. Go figure :huh:

4. Freud alert!

FFFFRRRRREEEEEUUUUDDDD!!!!

Its Psychoanalysis time and I'm noping the fuck out of this thread!

5. Well, yeah. The way you're raised obviously has a direct correlation to your functionality as an adult. If you were raised in an unloving home, chances are you'll have issues in any kind of relationship thereafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I hug my mom
    I just dont fuck with chicks if they ain't mean business, im a romantic. Emotionally connected to my penis sliding in and out of vaginas

7. I hug my mom and my dad and we kiss eachother on the cheek but I get uncomfortable to an extent.
    I'm much more comfortable hugging/ kissing my partner lol

8. #8 28GramCrracka, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    No correlation can be made. However, being raised under loving conditions as a child and teen definitely helps for an individual to show love for others later in life, as well as feelings for the opposite gender. 

In childhood years I gave my 'mum' hugs all the time. Right up until age 13 or so. Now, I haven't hugged my mom or dad for years and I'm great with the opposite sex.

9. I hug my parents and sometimes they'll kiss me on the cheek or head (no, not that one).
    But I really need to feel a girl out before I even hug her. Unless Im drunk then I'll hump anything with longer hair than me. I have a buzzcut fyi

10. #10 Digital Veil, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    I'm a 32 y/o man and I still hug/kiss my parents.  I use to be pretty affectionate with women but the battle scars over they years have left me less so.

11. Ummm no that has nothing to do with your sexuality at all. Unless you get a hardon when you hug her you're good.

12. I think that there's a difference between lack of physical contact and unloving.  I had very little physical contact with my mother, and yes I'm not big on hugs and cuddling - but I've been married for almost 20 years and it's fine.  

I think that a lot of mothers who go way overboard with affection for their young sons, what I see going on between boys and their mothers these days looks almost incestuous, with constant holding hands, kissing, hugging, etc.  Not to say that they're all going to be the next Norman Bates (Hitchock's Psycho), but if these boys have problems later, it's pretty apparent why.