Huge riots all over London :O

Discussion in 'General' started by guitarkidv1, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Tottenham rioters aged just seven | Damage costs £100million | The Sun |News

I am so happy I live in the suburbs... It's crazy. Dunno if any americans have heard about it yet, but there are riots ALL OVER London. Yobs are looting stores, double decker buses set on fire, buildings torched. Every day it is spreading more and more.

Kids as young as 7 are running round with bandanas rioting. :eek:

2. yea that shits crazy. i read about that this morning. cant wait till america starts rioting and looting. my crib will be pimped.

3. It's horrible though. People's homes and businesses are being set on fire and looted, just because lazy yobs who live on benefits can't be bothered to work and feel all big about themselves, destroying their own city.

4. yeah some dumbass who was wanted for all kinds of shit pulls a gun and fires at police,
    police fire back and said dumbass is killed - people go apeshit.

WTF?

5. if theres ever a riot here im heading for the headshop for that micro toro ive been eying...ooooo and that paco urinal slide....nah looting is wrong....id be armed with some lead for a muthafucka tryna break in my crib fo sho tho!

6. what's the peoples' reason for rioting?

7. LOL. It's not all over London. It was about 3 streets in north London. Media hyping it as usual.

Plus it isn't happening now... Was just one night when tensions boiled over.

"police and thieves were in the street, scaring the nation with their guns and ammunition."

To quote the song.

8. This gang leader shot at a police officer and got his radio, just missing him. So the police shot and killed him. Riots in tottenham started (where he was from) and then last night they spread EVERYWHERE. People don't care about this guy, just using it as an excuse to cause havoc.

9. You serious? You obviously haven't read the headlines this morning.

Enfiled, Edminton, Walthamstow, P​ondersend, Brixton, Westfield, Hackney, Dalston, Chingford, Croydon and even Oxford Circus

10. The answer is there is no real good reason for it...

Officially it was a peaceful protest turned bad, over some guy getting shot after being stopped in a police operation against gun crime, during which a police officer was shot.

It seems to be just some people's idea of a good laugh. :confused:

11. #11 mjman007, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    Ya I didn't hear about this in America... they're some wild ass teenagers

EDIT: Literally 10 sec. after I posted I saw it on the Today show...they said it was something to do with the police shooting a father of four? Anybody know the whole story?

12. alright, i guess its bad to fuck up your own place. but when i was younger i always thought it would be bad ass to be in a riot, throwing shit at police, burning cars, looting tvs.

13. Yer, I wrote it above.

This gang leader shot at a police officer and got his radio, just missing him. So the police shot and killed him. Riots in tottenham started (where he was from) and then last night they spread EVERYWHERE. People don't care about this guy, just using it as an excuse to cause havoc.

14. No, an inquest has been ordered by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

I'd guess they don't want to stoke an already burning fire anymore, with any revelations that may follow...

15. My brother was at the Tottenham ones, and then the enfield ones.
    The enfield ones especially had no fucking cause what so ever, it was a bunch of youths running around breaking into shops and looting.
    For fuck sake, how do we expect to get justice from this corrupt government when all we care about is getting free stuff. There are going to be plenty more, hopefully the ones in centre of London in a couple of months will have a cause. Fight the power.
    :smoke:

16. The tottenham one was a proper riot. The rest are just kids being bored and breaking into a few shops. I'm in London right now and can see most of south, east and west London from my office. No sign of riots or any disturbance at all. I also travel through most of south London to and from work. Again, all is normal.

17. lol guys from US are telling guy IN London that riots aren't over and guy is like "No, they are!"

Watch this thread reach upwards of 5 pages about the riots..

18. I hope you and your family and friends are safe OP!

19. Wheres Batman when you need him.
    I'm quite tempted to borrow my mums black Fiat Pundo, don a cape, mask and just start running at the youths screaming.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8[/ame]

20. And tour proud that your brother was there are you?