huge problem help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RedNeck Budz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. if u have seen, i have a thread "Operation Sweet Tooth" well i still have them in a solo cup. i went to water them tonight and THE ROOTS ARE COMING THRU THE HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CUP!! how do i fix this without killing the plant!?

2. is there a way to not kill my plants?

they will be fine, even with some roots cut off.

do you let them sit in a drip pan after you water? Let them soak up the drainage water from the bottom?

yes. i have 3 cups total for each plant. the planter, then another cup i use as a "spacer" to give it a bit more room, then a 3rd cup for all the drainage. i try and keep it as dry down there tho. one plant had water still in the 3rd cup. the one with the roots coming thru didnt

5. Are you going to transplant it? is it a solocup challenge plant?

not really a "challenge", just wat i started all my plants in. and yes im going to transplant as soon as i go get more pots. last i looked at them was 2 days ago and one was still standing the other was leaned wayy over. that one now has overgrown roots lol. i didnt expect them to jump like that.

7. They do grow to over 14 ft outside ya know. In like 4-5 months at that.

8. It wont hurt them if some roots are broke as long as 90% are intact they might not even get transplant shock.

Make sure not to water before transplant, a dry root ball is easier to handle.

alright thing is, will it be safe to wait until wednesday? thats when i get paid and i can get 2 more pots and another bag of dirt.

sure they are plants. you ever see a tree at the store 6 feet tall in a little gallon bag? plants are tough.

11. ok.. phew! i was really concerned. my buddy said he has never had luck with "sweet tooth" so i gave them a try and i figured i would for sure fuck them up trying to transplant with roots coming thru the damn cup

12. #12 lFourTwenty, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    Should have been transplanted if roots are coming through the cup lol

Why wait until it's rootbound to transplant?

13. i didnt wait on purpose bro. i watered them and left them alone for a few days. i was for sure one of them would die. and the other was growing slowly. ive only heard bad things about the strain which is why i tried growing it in the first place. but boy was i wrong apparently

14. How long you leaves these in the cup?

15. they have been in there about 2 1/2 weeks. they were only like 3in. tall last i seen. now they are like 6 with 3 sets of foliage. im amazed

16. When you transplant, be sure to carefully CUT those solo cups off the plant, rather than try to just rip the plant out of the cup. MUCH less stress on the roots...you'll be fine! Just be kind to your girl when transplanting! It will have minimal to no shock. Good luck with your sweettooth! May have to try that one myself! Happy growing!

17. Azfox is correct cut that cup and the plant will never know.
    Just dont knife it deep! Lol

And be fast once those roots are exposed.

2 1/2 weeks isnt too damn long. A little late but their just getting "rootbound" I bet, not quite root bound.

18. yea i have them both transplanted into their own pots and are now under my 600wt MH light. lets see them babies grow