HUGE POT BUST $100+million in NORCAL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GhengisChron, Aug 31, 2007.

1. http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_6756377

wow. 25,282 plants, and the guys even got away. i go to school in this county, so i'm hoping its not gonna go a dry this season.

just wow. thats a huge fucking bust.

2. i wonder what kind of weed it was?

3. haha... damn mexican cartel

4. I saw this on the news. They said they where either going to bury all the bud, or just simply burn it.

5. X marks the spot.

6. Damnnnn, that's a big bust. That sucks :/

7. i havent read it yet but id be willing to bet that what they estimate as 100million wouldnt go for more than 10million in reality

8. Yeah and thats just pocket change.....

Most ppl in the City know that cops weigh the entire plant wet along with the dirt it's grown in, then multiply by 4-50 and say 1 pound is equal to 100K USD. That doesnt matter though since they said how many plants it was; 25,282 plants is not a small number even if they were all 6" high it would still be a LOT of bud (if they flowered).

....Maybe they were counting the leaves as seperate plants....

9. Everythings better with pictures.............

10. Yea, sounds like the Mexican drug cartel again. I think there have been busts of 50,000+ plants near the southwest coastal areas...maybe even more?

I agree with Headie. The DEA always tries to put a HUGE price tag on the drugs they sieze or chop down. Nearly all the values they give for siezed drugs aren't nearly what they are really worth on the street--sometimes more, sometimes less.

11. damn...i agree with headie. wish i could have it hehe.

12. that's so cool that they got away

13. Ya we have the same kind of hugh busts here in Ontario, but their very far north. I think its people from the chinese mafia. I've read and heard alot of storys where it seems the minium amount these guys are growing are between 10000 to 30000 plants. And all the names of the people busted are like Chin Chow Wow or something like that....These bust are in very remote areas with hardly anyone in the areas for miles.

Enclosed is a aerial photo of the bust site.

ALso below is the whole story:

OPP NEWS RELEASES

Largest marijuana seizure in Iroquois Falls area ever

One of the biggest in Ontario in recent memory

(Iroquois Falls, On) - On July 24th, 2005 Project "Northern Gateway" (a joint investigation between members of the Ontario Provincial Police OPP Drug Enforcement, North East Region OPP and North Bay Police service), assisted by members of the, Emergency Response Unit, Ract, K-9 and the Iroquois Falls OPP executed a Controlled Drugs and Substance Act Search Warrant at 1282 Frank Road in Clergue Township.

That resulted in the seizure of a large quantity of marijuana in the fields [shown] behind the residence.

One male was arrested at the scene and held pending a bail hearing in Timmins Court scheduled for Monday the 25th of July.

In excess of twenty-one thousand plants were seized.

The plants were in various stages of growth, ranging in size from 8-24 inches but were estimated at a value in excess of twenty-one million dollars upon maturity.

Also seized was offence related property (tractor, furrow, pump, hoses, hand implements) with an estimated value of $35,000.

Charged:

CHU, Zhi, Ji
    D.O.B: 24 Dec 1965
    0f Scarborough, Ontario

He has been charged with Production of a Controlled Substance to wit Cannabis Marijuana Contrary to Section 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

Large marijuana seizure Joly Township residence

(Sundridge, On) - On July 19th, 2005 Project "Northern Gateway" (a joint investigation between members of the Ontario Provincial Police OPP Drug Enforcement, North East Region OPP and North Bay Police service), assisted by members of the Almaguin Highlands OPP Crime Unit, Emergency Response Unit and the Almaguin Highlands OPP executed a Controlled Drugs and Substance Act Search Warrant at 1335 Forrest Lake Road Joly Township.

That resulted in the seizure of a large quantity of marijuana in the fields behind the residence as well as drugs and offence related property from the residence.

Four males were arrested at the scene and held pending a bail hearing in Parry Sound Court scheduled for Wednesday the 20th of July.

In excess of seven thousand plants were seized.

The plants were in various stages of growth and were estimated at a value in excess of seven million dollars upon maturity.

A small amount of dried marijuana and ecstasy was also seized.

Also seized was offence related property (pumps, heaters, light hoods, timers light bulbs) with an estimated value of $2000.

Charged:

YE, Kai, Xuan
    D.O.B: 09 Dec 1976
    0f Markham, Ontario

CHEN, MIng, Xiang
    D.O.B: 08 Feb 1979
    Of Scarborough, Ontario

LIU, Ping Jian
    D.O.B: 10Jun1968
    Of Scarborough

ZHU, Zhen, Yu
    D.O.B: 20Nov1975
    Of Toronto

All are charged with production of a controlled substance to wit cannabis marijuana contrary to Section 7(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, two counts of possession of a controlled substance in relation to the dried marijuana and ecstasy 4(1) CDSA and one count of possession of a controlled substance to wit marijuana for the purpose of trafficking 5(2) CDSA

Attached Files: