Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Huge fear. Expertise plz.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Ballin' Toker, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Ok i started smokin pot when I was around 12. by the time i turned 13 i started to get man boobs which wasnt because of my weight only weighing 125lbs at 5'5". i went to many doctors and such and was diagnosed with gynecomastia. they said it will probably go away. well it didnt and i had to have plastic surgery to get it removed. all went well and other than poofy nipples everything is normal. The doctor said the reason why mine was soo bad and didnt go away was cause i smoked pot. im almost off probation and want to smoke again badly, but you think ill get my "boobs" back? its been years and im completly healed...

plz give me ur info and expertise fello blades...

2. wow
    dude

dont smoke pot

there are beter things to do with your time to be honest
    especially ...if it gives you boobs.

but did your doctor know right of the bat that you smoked or did you tell him/her

3. Don't smoke.

4. If that shit happens, stay far away from pot...

5. but it might b just cause i was gonna have it ne ways cause puberty brings it out in some boys.

6. well, you got it fixed...light up!

7. Smoke, grow your boobs, play with them. In that order.

8. i get an unborn baby tomer on my chest when ever i drop shrooms so its nbd.

9. Not funny man. I went through a lot of shit for them, I got made fun of daily and had to run home and get high to get rid of my daily pain.... scared me for life.

10. Well they asked and I said yes. Alot of boys get them when they go through puberty but they go away, mine wouldnt because of my habit. im wondering if puberty made me have them then pot made em worst, which means now that I dont have puberty bringing them out pot wont hurt a damn thing????

11. If you're smoking to get rid of problems, that in itself is a problem. If you were serious about your question you shouldn't even be on these forums, you would be asking your doctor for some more information or checking out medical journals online.

12. Cant talk to a doctor, still live with my parents and they are really against me smoking. and couldnt find anything online. and i was young and didnt know how else to deal with it cause i had noone. plz dnt say what is and isnt a problem cause u really dnt kno me...

13. From Wikipedia article on Gynecomastia

Causes

Physiologic gynecomastia (also called Turcios Disease) occurs in neonates, at or before puberty and with aging. Many cases of gynecomastia are idiopathic, meaning they have no clear cause. Potential pathologic causes of gynecomastia are: medications including hormones, increased serum estrogen, decreased testosterone production, androgen receptor defects, chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease, HIV treatment,[4] and other chronic illness. Gynecomastia as a result of spinal cord injury and refeeding after starvation has been reported.[5] In 25% of cases, the cause of the gynecomastia is not known.

Medications cause 10-20% of cases of gynecomastia in post-adolescent adults. These include cimetidine, omeprazole, spironolactone, imatinib mesylate, finasteride and certain antipsychotics. Some act directly on the breast tissue, while others lead to increased secretion of prolactin from the pituitary by blocking the actions of dopamine (prolactin-inhibiting factor/PIF) on the lactotrope cell groups in the anterior pituitary. Androstenedione, used as a performance enhancing food supplement, can lead to breast enlargement by excess estrogen activity. Medications used in the treatment of prostate cancer such as antiandrogens and GnRH analogs can also cause gynecomastia. Marijuana use is also thought by some to be a possible cause; however, published data is contradictory.[6]

Increased estrogen levels can also occur in certain testicular tumors, and in hyperthyroidism. Certain adrenal tumors cause elevated levels of androstenedione which is converted by the enzyme aromatase into estrone, a form of estrogen. Other tumors that secrete hCG can increase estrogen. A decrease in estrogen clearance can occur in liver disease, and this may be the mechanism of gynecomastia in liver cirrhosis. Obesity tends to increase estrogen levels.[7][8]

Decreased testosterone production can occur in congenital or acquired testicular failure, for example in genetic disorders such as Klinefelter Syndrome. Diseases of the hypothalamus or pituitary can also lead to low testosterone. Abuse of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) has a similar effect. Mutations to androgen receptors, such as those found in Kennedy disease can also cause gynecomastia.

Although stopping these medications can lead to regression of the gynecomastia, surgery is sometimes necessary to eliminate the condition.

Repeated topical application of products containing lavender and tea tree oils among other unidentified ingredients to three prepubescent males coincided with gynecomastia; it has been theorised that this could be due to their estrogenic and antiandrogenic activity. However, other circumstances around the study are not clear, and the sample size was insignificant so serious scientific conclusions cannot be drawn.[9]

14. says at or before puberty... so im kool right. as long as i dnt use steroids.lol

15. Just because I don't know you doesn't mean I couldn't tell you if you had a problem or not. Regardless of the rhetoric, Victory posted some Wiki information, so start your research there. Not with Wiki itself but with the sources listed. If it's a real medical condition (which it obviously is), there will be information out there.

16. Or just ask your doctor.

17. I am pretty sure the reason why you get :"boobs" after smoking pot regularly is because the pot is usually from a female plant and female plants have estrogen, amirite?

18. are you sure it wasnt the munchies which caused this?

19. just work out. Do some weight lifting..like bench press..got rid of my flabby chest