Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

http://truecompassion.org/ Against Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Typewritermonky, Jun 12, 2009.

1. #1 Typewritermonky, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    So I was watching YouTube videos, procrastinating doing work and I stumbled upon a video advertising not just against marijuana, but medical marijuana. At first I thought it was a joke, but then after going to the website I was incredibly surprised. Poking around I found a bunch of stories on their website talking about cocaine busts and heroin busts... not even related to weed. I am honestly taken aback by this organization.

True Compassion (Website)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHXjWMz8rfg&feature=related]YouTube - Anti medical marijuana ad[/ame] (Video)

It aired in Michigan. Thoughts?

Edit Two: I guess I am way behind on this anti medical marijuana train. Why are there no websites dedicated to how dangerous opiates are?

Edit: One of the stories I found ridiculous.

A 40 year old Michigan woman, Delores Derror, admitted that she smoked a marijuana cigarette four hours before a January 2004 accident that killed Angela Grierson, 28, and seriously injured seven others, including four children - Eden Elkins, Brittany Elkins, Notasha Elkins and Tegan Elkins.

There is no way after one joint your high for four hours. It was an accident plain and simple. They have three stories all involving car crashes with people under the influence of marijuana.

Let's see some horror stories of the people who get in car accidents while under the influence of alcohol.

In one of THEIR stories, they say "This is the first DUI that has involved marijuana." The first! Compared to the thousands upon thousands of others involving alcohol.

When will these people understand that alcohol is worse then weed? I bet the majority of the members of that organization drink a glass of red wine/beer with dinner. Not that I have anything against that, it's just so frustrating that people still think alcohol is fine and dandy while weed is the pubes of the devil.

2. These people always fail to make a point. Indeed, no doctor will ever advise you to SMOKE marijuana, but eating and vaporizing it are perfectly safe.