HSO OG Kush and blueberry grow in the Vermont wilderness

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 942883, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Checked on the plants this past Wednesday, very little bug rot, plants are ready to come down. All the trichomes are Cloudy With It least 10 to 15% Amber ones. I was going to push it a little further but we have rain coming towards the end of next week so next Wednesday they will be coming down. don't want to take the chance of going through yet another rainstorm.

why was out there Wednesday I made the decision to take the top Bud off of the OG plant. I already lost a little bit from the top up there and I wanted to take what was left while it was still completely Rot free.

Here's a picture of it, looks damn good to me! Also added a pic of one of the blueberry buds that came off earlier, they all took a week to try to the point where I could get them in the jar and have the humidity stay between 60 and 65. Haven't smoked it yet but it's definitely getting a nice smell after curing just for a couple days. the blueberry buds look real nice too, lots of red hairs, almost looks as good as indoor but not quite LOL.

the smaller OG Buds and blueberry buds that I took off about 10 days ago will be cured long enough by Wednesday to smoke and get an idea how good they're going to be and how good they're going be. Can't wait.

I need four more days, then the takedown starts!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bud rot started really taking off, so I harvested my LA Confidential. Ended up taking 19 groups of buds like the pic below. I also washed them, just in case. Keep an eye on your plants. I couldn't believe how fast bud rot takes off. g.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. #43 Deleted member 942883, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    Wow dude, that looks amazing. I may try that next year, do you know who the breeder was?

I took the tops off of my plants this past Monday. They were nice but not as big as yours.

The blueberry tops have dried, they smell great, a funky blueberry skunky smell that is extremely dank. They also look great, prettiest buds I've ever grown up here. they are in a jar curing as we speak. Can't wait to see what they smell like in a week or two.

The OG tops need at least another two or three days before they are ready to cure, they were bigger and are rock solid. Stems are still bendy, even the small buds won't snap of the stem yet.

The rest of the plants came down Wednesday and it's drying in a drying rack in my buddys climate-controlled basement.

I have smoked an earlier cut of the OG that I took about two weeks before I took these plants down. very potent, but the taste is not what I expected, despite having the classic OG smell when the buds were trimmed when they've dried they've lost it and it's been replaced with kind of an earthy menthol smell. They lost the good OG smell two or three days after being cut and when the smell started to come back when they went to cure the OG smell didn't come back but this earthy menthol smell came out of them. The taste is nice, just not what I expected from these buds.

The OG Tops I cut down Monday, about two and a half weeks after the early cut, are not losing the good OG smell as they dry so I'm chalking it up to those first buds coming down a little early as they were all dried in identical conditions, in my basement which is a constant 55 degrees humidity 70° temperature.

I also took the very top of the OG off last Saturday to make sure I didn't lose it to Bud rot, It has been in the jar for 2 days and it's curing with a very good OG smell. I believe all the OG cut this week will smell great.

Here's a few pics for you:

First are all the Topps I cut down hanging and drying underneath a shelf in my basement. It's not as ghetto as it looks, they're blocked from sunlight but a fan of the basement keeps they're moving just fine.

Second is the drying rack with the remainder of the buds drying.

Next is a couple buds from the blueberry, came off the tops today.

Finally a few OG buds.

I don't think it will be a huge yield but the quality is excellent so I'm very happy with that!

Attached Files: