HSO OG Kush and blueberry grow in the Vermont wilderness

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 942883, Jul 18, 2018.

1. #21 Deleted member 942883, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
    Went out and watered/fed the plants today, they've been doing great the past couple weeks. it's been hot and humid as fuck up here but we've been getting massive thunderstorms pretty much everyday or every other day so they've been getting all the water they need.

They're now fully into flower, probably been flowering for about 2 weeks.

The blueberry plant is 85 inches tall. I can't tell how tall the OG plant is anymore, it's so tall I can't reach the top anymore despite being 6 foot 4 feel tall. It's definitely pushing 9 feet tall.

I've hit the plants with green cure twice, no sign of any powdery mildew or spot mold. I'm thinking what I thought was probably mildew was not. Either way both plants look happy and healthy.

very optimistic about both plants hopefully I can make it to the Finish Line. Here's a couple pictures from today before I trimmed them, phone died in my pocket as I was doing the trimming LOL.

First picture is the OG, second is the blueberry, third is me trying to reach the top of the og.

Things are starting to get interesting now, do plants have had really no setbacks since they were bent over back in May, they are in a good position heading into flower.

Attached Files:

2. Little update, plants both look great, little tiny buds all over each as flowering progresses. It has been in flower about three weeks.

We have been getting plenty of rain, I'm feeling them nutes and water every week, although I'm giving them way less water than I thought I'd be at this point, the rain is taking care of them well.

I'm just hoping we get dry weather shortly and from there out, I'd rather lug water out there more often than fight bud rot.

Couple pics, OG is the first, then the blueberry. If you look closely you can see how the branches are just starting to bulk up as the flowers start to fill in.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looking good eseae! It's been super dry where I am. It seems all the storms miss us. I am watering every 3-4 days. The plants are still growing, crazy. That is a 4 gallon water jug in the pic. Plants are just shy of 8' tall in their smart pots.

Attached Files:

• pl.jpg
      pl.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Plants are still looking good, I recently trimmed allot of the leaves and really small branches off. They are really filling in now, some pics below, the OG then the blueberry. All for tops of the blueberry are going to be huge if it goes the distance.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. She sure is an OG look at those canoe shaped leaves. She kinda looks like my "green" pheno Fire OG.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Supposedly it is across between Fire OG and emerald OG. Good to hear it looks like your fire, one of my favorites and one reasonr why I chose this strain. Next year's craz will include some Scott's OG. Highly recommended.

The blueberry leaves are quite thin and sativa looking despite a supposedly 90 percent Indica heritage. Thing sure smells nice though, more grapefruit like NYC Diesel than blueberry though.

7. I have only grown Dutch Passion Blueberry once and it was almos lemon cleanerish like Herer she had wide ass leaves. My Fire OG I have a near 100% confidence that it was a cut off of Rascals cut given the source. I am not the ones that selfed the seeds but the seeds this grow of the the two I have are S1s of that cut. I maintained the Original cut in my inventory for a few years until situations led to the loss of all my live genetics. The original grown proper would have a deep green blueish hue to her leaves especially on the edges and then would have dark orange/red hairs. The leaves were very canoe shaped and then occasionally on the 4th set of the leaf blades(#6 and #7) on the fan leaves would have an irregularity where onside was webbed with the previous set. The leaves without the webbing usually had the 4th set of blades that looked like horns compared to the rest of the leaf structure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looking good! I'm in central VT too. Those brown spots you had were leaf hopper damage. I've battled pm this year, but I've found baking soda and vinegar in a water solution to work well. Cooler night are approaching! Can't wait for another month! Here are pics of my four train wrecks. IMG_20180905_162042155.jpg IMG_20180905_162109197.jpg IMG_20180905_161906323.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. That Trainwreck looks awesome, that close up of the bud shows it's ahead of mine, they haven't filled out quite that much yet.

Checked mine out Yesterday after being out of town on business for 5 days, still looking great. I'm going to push mine as far as I can, hopefully these hurricanes coming don't soak us too much.

Blueberry is a BC early blueberry, supposedly it's ready third week of September Outdoors but I don't see that happening based on where it is now.

I'll put up some new pics Wednesday.

10. Went out today to feed and water the plants and give them a general inspection. We had our first fairly major rain event here in the last three to four weeks, range really good Monday night but yesterday was sunny and 80 degrees so the plants dried out well, they were pretty much completely dry when I looked at the last night.. However, I trimmed off most all of the bigger leaves as we are now in total Bud rot / mold prevention mode.

it rained again this morning and it looks like it's going to drizzle most of the day, not ideal but nothing I can do about it. I'm praying that the remnants of hurricane of Florence stay south of me is that could be a problem. it's just too early to even consider pulling them early at this point.

Buds are really filling out good now, very happy with how the plants are doing. The OG has a classic OG smell, blueberry now smells kind of grapefruity / blueberry / kind of bubble gummy.

Here's a few pics, full view of the OG followed by some close-ups, Full view of the blueberry followed by some close-ups.

I will continue to keep my fingers crossed on the rain, this crop has the potential to be the best crop I've ever done.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Looks good! The 80 degree weather over the next week is really going to help!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yep, but this humidity sucks. Flashbacks to last year, cutting off buds with Bud rot daily.... Didn't lose much but it was a pain in the butt.

13. Spent almost an hour today eyeballing the plants for mold. Found one small bud on each plant that had some rot. Cut them off, dissected then, definitely caught it early on those two buds.

Didn't see any signs of any anywhere else, we will see over the next few days.

Daily marches into the Vermont Wilderness to inspect the plants begins tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I here you. I'm only marching into my back yard, but the humidity is a problem. I have not found any bud rot, but the conditions are ripe for it. I started putting a fan on them outside to keep air moving over them.

15. Well, the battle is on. The rain we got last week plus the humidity and low temps has brought on the rot. Lost about a dozen or so smaller buds and parts of bigger ones so far. They both have a long way to go based on the completely clear trichomes I'm seeing though my loupe.

And to top it all off, the OG has seeds in it, found a bunch in one of the buds I cut off. No clue how that happened.

I have to stretch this out another two weeks at least, probably going to lose 1/3 of what's on there, but to take them down now would just give me crap.

Wish me luck!

16. As I wait for the Patriots game to start, give everyone an update. Partly spelling I'm dictating this.

Bottom line today found 0 Bud rot on the plants. one year ago today I harvested last year's crop because at that point I could not keep up with the bud rot due to the constant humidity so I'm already ahead of the game. I've lost very little compared to what I had lost at this time last year. Confident I can keep going further and let them ripen more

I think both plants need at least another 2 weeks. I bought a Jeweler's loupeI cut a couple buds out of each three quarters of the way up the plant and check them out. All of the trichomes are completely clear no cloudiness or Amber ones that I can see. also found some seeds in the OG which are pretty underdeveloped so I figured that alone with a sign that the plan is not ripe yet.

unfortunately I'm going to get rain on Tuesday not a ton but enough, and then possibly a little bit more Wednesday and then again on Thursday. After that Bud rot will either be controllable or not. I will keep cutting it off until I get to a point where I'm not cutting much off anymore, like I have this last week.

If the bud rot occurs faster than I can keep up then the whole crop will come down late next week, buy then I should know how bad off I am because of the past rain.

As far as the plants themselves, they both look freaking great. blueberry smells dank is crap, doesn't really smell to Blueberry, smells more like we would have called redheaded sensimillia back in the day. When you crack another open it does smell fruity and skunky. Does get your pretty baked..

The OG doesn't smell like much wants you dry it but when you crack the buds open it smells like the typical very faint Pine very faint lemony OG smell. Hopefully it gets more pungent as it ripens. I've smoked a little bit of it and they get you baked, but it definitely needs more time

Wish me luck fellas, home stretch now. Cancel either be out for another 3 weeks or coming down next Friday or Saturday

17. Looking good dude, keep the faith, if wee can get through the Thursday, looks like we will have a good stretch of dry wx. Here is my OG kush, few weeks to go. u.jpg

18. Plant looks great dude! Cold nights giving it a little people!

Yep, this week will be key. It's been raining since 10am here, not going to stop till later tonight. I'll visit the plants tomorrow, shake them good, them wait and see how much rot pops up.

Looks like scattered thunderstorms here Wednesday and Thursday, I might get hit I may not. But even with the warmer sunny weather after Thursday it'll still get cold at night, I've had a few forty degree nights, lowest was 44. Those cold nights will help the rot if the buds don't dry quickly.

You see any rot on yours yet?

19. Well, I don’t want to jinx myself, but no rot as of yesterday. Someone recommended a product called Actinovate. It is an organic product that prevents/controls bud rot. In a powder that you mix with water and spray on plant. They sell it at Gardeners Supply. Expensive, $20 for like two tablespoons, but the word is that it freakin’ works. Will let you know

20. #40 Deleted member 942883, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
    Both plants are still going strong, although as I write this they're getting a heavy rain again for about the third time in 8 days. I've had surprisingly little bud rot, but I have had enough to make it a pain in the ass.

I bought a loupe and I've been looking at the trichomes, the blueberry seems to be just about all cloudy, a few clear ones here and there but also a few Amber ones here and there.

Trichomes on the og are about 80% cloudy at most. But I do see one or two amber ones here or there.

going to keep them out there one more week at least, keeping a close eye on them. almost all the leaves are yellow or in the process of turning yellow, but it seems like the buds still have some room to grow. and I'd like to get at least 100% cloudy and 10 to 20% Amber trichomes before I harvest, if not a few more Amber ones.

Couple pictures for you, couple Buds snapped off as I was shaking the water out of a few days ago, the big long one is an OG Bud, with and without Flash, the small ones are blueberry buds. The last two photos are the plants, blueberry first then the Og.

If I can get one to two more weeks out of these plans I will be happy.

If anyone has a phone that can zoom in on that picture of the OG bud and get a really good look at the trykes let me know what you think I'd appreciate it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2