HR 5843 Contact Your Reps NOW! Congressman introduces bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ISmokeRock, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Congressman introduces bill to decriminalize personal marijuana use

THIS IS NEW! APRIL 17th 2008 THIS WAS INTRODUCED!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/ TYPE IN YOUR ZIP TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR REP/SENATOR IS!

"Make Room for the Serious Criminals Bill"

I just called all of my state reps offices and left messages for them to support HR 5843. I think all of you should do the same. They will only take action if pressure it put on them. LET'S PUT SOME PRESSURE ON THEM NOW!

I am also e-mailing all of them now. Please please please don't smoke a joint and do it later. DO IT NOW! :D

Co-sponsoring the bill are Reps. Ron Paul (R-TX), Maurice Hinchey (D-NY), Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) and Sam Farr (D-CA).

This bill has the power to save millions upon millions of taxpayer dollars.

"To those who say that the government should not be encouraging the smoking of marijuana, my response is that I completely agree. But it is a great mistake to divide all human activity into two categories: those that are criminally prohibited, and those that are encouraged. In a free society, there must be a very considerable zone of activity between those two poles in which people are allowed to make their own choices as long as they are not impinging on the rights, freedom, or property of others."

2. I know, it's exciting right?

I'm not worried that the house won't pass it, I think they will. I'm worried the Senate won't and even if they do, Bush then has the choice to veto it. If he has the pleasure in doing so, unless Congress is willing to revolt against this president, it won't become law.

3. uhhh how do i find my states rep office?

4. This has already happened in some states, right? Like in Ohio where I live 3.5oz is just a $100 civil citation and they take it but nothing goes on your record. It's nothing big at all.

5. I FUCKING LOVE RON PAUL!

And goddamn Barney introduced this bill the right way. He makes his point well. I'll be keeping a very close eye on this one.

6. Bump. I'm calling. You guys all need to as well. Come on!!!

7. Btw I'm assuming NORML is all over this shit, right?

8. pretty sure its decriminalized in by how bout legalizing it haha

9. Ron Paul is the shit. Too bad all he'll ever be is a congressman. :(

10. no, this bill will eliminate ALL penalties. not even a $100 civil citation. we would all be able to enjoy our plant in peace!

11. Bump. I'm sending e-mails to everyone I know, this needs to get as much attention as possible.

12. Ya yo, everyone has got to take action. Chances like this don't come by often... WE MUST BE HEARD AND WE MUST BE HEARD NOW! IT'S NOW OR NEVER DON'T JUST LOOK OVER THE THREAD AND SAY "OK, COOL" DO SOMETHING! YOU CAN MAKE A MOTHER FUCKING DIFFERENCE! WHO IS WITH ME!?!?

13. This should be Sticky'd in ALL the forums.

14. I hate to be a cynic, hell, I'm also sending out emails (my rep is already supporting it, Maurice Hinchey) but lets be realistic.

Congress might pass it, marking a real turn-around in our nation, but what on Ganja's Green Earth convinces you Czar Bush will sign it into law! I mean, anythings possible, but if he vetos it, unless Congress is really committed, we are back to square one.

It isn't smart doing it this year, let a democrat get into office and they will sign it into law.

However, that doesn't mean it isn't important. We have to get this out there and educate the public of this historic legislation. We need to make marijuana a state issue, not a federal, and once we do that we are closer to legalization.

15. If congress passes it, that is the biggest step for marijuana legalization in this country ever ever. At that point it is merely a short matter of time until it happens.

16. of course, but I'm just saying although I see it getting pretty much de facto legallity by 2010, this year it might not.

17. Agreed. I'm just happy to see my man Ron Paul still fightin' the good fight at his old age.

18. this should be in the legalism and activism forum.