HR 2306 is screwed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by jordan8956, Sep 6, 2011.

1. #1 jordan8956, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
  2. #2 dom, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The only thing screwed is your pessimism on the subject. This country was built on checks and balances. This one man is not allowed to have that much power all by himself. If he does not decide to review it then they can work and bypass. Don't be so pessimistic about these thing, and make sure you get the full truth and nothing but the truth when things look bleak! :)

3. #3 jordan8956, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    I use to be optimistic but I los efaith when I can't get my medicine and instead have to take prescriction pills which in turn give me terriblre headaches and nausea and have to spend hours on the floor in front of the toilet vomiting it just is not fair :(

4. I feel bad for you :( I had to go through a bunch prescription medicine for ADD, OCD, and depression that shit sucks though I'm not depressed now which is good but weed helped me better than any of that shit.

5. yea I know it sucks :(, I got at the least 2 to 3 more years of it before I can move away from Louisisana..I hate it here more then anything in the world
    and to the first guy I misinterpreted your response my bad lol, anyways I will try to keep my head up lol but no promises

6. Checks and balances? What do they mean now that the constitution has been relegated to a dusty scrap of antique parchment? We still have senile, half-blind retirees sifting through paper chads to determing who wins a presidency. We have an electoral college for damage control, should the people not happen to cooperate in their voting. We have agencies falsley disqualifying massive amounts of voters in contentious stats and then paying taxpayer's money to bribe the auditors to cover up. In the end, it's just another case of, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

We have Presidents writing by-lines into the most sacred document we have as American people like its a notepad. Our congress men and women were held hostage and forced to sign the Patriot Act before it was even publically read. Then there was V2 and now it's been renewed indefinitely. We have an absolutely unconstitutional number of soldiers stationed on demostic soil ready to help quell civil unrest. People who try to gather peacefully are often dispersed violently, despite the supposed protections to our speach and rights to gather. Police are discharging firearms in the presence of children and arresting their parents for endangerment. This really looks a lot like a Civil War to me. Were this tea instead of pot, could it be a Revolutionary War?

As long as they hold the media, suppress the 4th and sit on our initiatives to effect positive change in drug policy, all the checks and balances in the world cannot help us. Checks and balances are great when we have a diverse political system (prefferably 3+ parties) made up of opponents with differing views. Here, in terms of drug policy, all politicians share a uniform view. Drug War maintains a status quo, whithout which their continuing wealth and power may be in jeopardy. You think a politican will ever give up the ability execute SWAT style raids at will upon people who threaten their political power?

The only topic politicians ever really differ on his how to best rape the American people of their wealth and power. Megacorps? Taxes? TARP? Special Interest? More War on Terror? More War on Drugs? Let's just keep all of us at each other's throats with topics like Gay Marriage and Abortion and Race. While we're fighting each other, they're robbing us blind. Maintaining the status quo is up there too, for sure. Otherwise, I believe politicians are largely puppets and uniformly fearful to death of losing power.

Sorry if I'm seem like pessimistic ass too. Definitely an ass, not pessimistic though. My hope is that people will start to mobilize and carry this message a more aggressively. We need to remind the people in power that we outnumber them some 350,000,000 to ... what? ... some mere thousands? Enough voices will make an impression that politics never could.

Sorry for the rant. Feeling extra passionate this morning in the face of the latest Texas ban.