HR 2306 - Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition

Discussion in 'General' started by maxrule, Sep 19, 2011.

1. HR 2306 - Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 by Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and Ron Paul (R-Texas),

I support full blown legalization.

No prescriptions.

No licenses.

No taxes.

No regulations

No penalties.

No shit!!!!

:bongin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33jD3XbTVTE]HR 2306 - YouTube[/ame]

Text of H.R.2306 as Introduced in House: Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

HR 2306: Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 | Facebook

Introducing HR 2306: Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011 (video included) - Prohibition's End

2. I adore the idea of full legalization but there will have to be some sort of control on it - BATFM perhaps. There is no way in hell that the government will take all the controls off weed in a million years. It can not go from sched 1 to treating it like oregano. It is a drug, like alcohol or tobacco and it will be restricted to adults. The issue is the form it will take.

3. as long as I can grow my own, I'm all for it.

4. it would be nice, but this will never pass.

5. i think you're missing the point - the federal control of marijuana legalization is completely contradictory to the constitution and the ideals that this country was founded on.

its a matter to be solved by the states and its citizens, as this bill suggests.

6. make it full legal but control it like achol. / tabacco .
    cant smoke before work or lunch breaks. like you cant drink .
    have to be 18-21 to buy
    if you drive under the influance penalty .
    caught underage penalty.
    give ATF the controls and policy but make it legal!

7. hopefullyyyy

8. Only a cop would propose or support this kind of mindset for legalization. We need to do away with the ATF. It's an unconstitutional alphabet agency and an abuse of taxpayer dollars.

9. Exactly.."Government by the people... for the people"
    Not in spite of the people... which is what we have today:rolleyes::eek:

10. Fucking Stoners!

11. I agree.

Weed should be as illegal as dandelions and snapdragons.

If I put a seed in the ground and God makes it grow then it's between him and I. :smoke:

12. Pff that chick couldn't clear it in one breath

as a libertarian and a sensible person, i support this.

13. It really bums me out that she didn't inhale...

14. Is this a new thing? I know like a few months ago there was a bill to end federal prohibition, and it got blocked by some assholes. Is this the same thing? We need to stop acting like this is some laughable non-issue, when tens of thousands of people have been killed in the thing with the mexican drug cartels, and incredible amounts of people are being arrested for it, and we're spending huge amounts of money on this war on drugs when we're bankrupt.

15. This is the only type of legalization I support

16. It's the same thing. It didn't technically get blocked by Rep. Lamar Smith is the Chairman of one of the committees it has to go through to get passes and he said he wouldn't even give HR 2306 a chance for debate. He's a real swell guy, can't ya tell? :rolleyes:

17. dont no to much so i could be wrong.
    but im sure they regulate and if you are doing something along the lines of atf they persecute. so if its legal where you can buy at walmart and go home and smoke, atf wont stop you, its if your importing it by the tons and slanging it on the streets atf would step in. (being legal dea would b out of the question i think)
    just sayin. and this way at least we can go to walmart/target or something and scoop some up.

18. A lot of people... who obviously don't get too deep into anything :eek: ... think it needs to be regulated like "other" drugs...
    "Drugs" are regulated because they can hurt you :eek:
    "Cannabis"... aside from possibly falling over... and that can happen WITHOUT weed... can't hurt you :rolleyes:

So obviously it's not a drug :eek:
    And if it can't hurt you why would it need to be regulated other than getting money from my pocket to theirs :confused:

You tell'em Spickolli... love Ridgemont "High"
    :smoking::wave:

19. Somebody kick this guy in the nuts :eek:

20. legalize it...tax it...give everyone health insurance