HPS-Worth it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrizzlyAdams420, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Well, I'm looking on ebay and I find a 400W HPS/MH lighting kit... 159.00$ USD. Is HPS worth the money over my CFL's? Because I'm very tempted to just click buy. And get my other grow on its way to the top. Because my last yeild with CFL's was around a H/O. And I know I could have done better with more light.

2. Yes, for flowering. If you try to veg with only HPS, though, your plants will be prone to stretch. You could use CFL for veg and HPS for flower, or use both lights fro both cycles for full-spectrum.

Check out insidesun-dot-com and htgsupply-dot-com for better prices.

3. Most undubididly double your yeild why not? It will pay for itself 1st grow! DA>MILKMAN P.S I personally still like flouro over M.H. fer veg.

4. Well This system comes with a MH conversion bulb also. Thing is i have spent at least 70$ on CFL's. So I would rather just buy a 400W HPS without the MH.

5. Very nice info Toasty insidesun looks very promising. Thanks and + rep

6. I do have to add something and im not dissing MH at all but Cannabis culture says that the HPS is actually more efficient to use for veg and flowering. I use it and i have taken out all my fluros. I figured it up and with only hps in my room i have 5720 lumens per plant and they are not stretching at all. I would say go with just HPS They are cheaper and more effecient electricity wise. But that is my two cents. I will try to get a copy of the article if you want so you guys can read it. Oh btw i have two 70w and one 150w hps.

7. If the system comes with a MH conv. bulb then definately get it. Why not? Think about it this way, use your cfls for seedlings, then move the plants under the MH for Veg, then under HPS for flower. But alas, you were smart enough to cut clones before flowering and now you have $70 worth of CFLs to get those clones ready for the the cycle....sounds like a plan to me. PERPETUAL HARVEST...

8. One more question... Should I get the hortilux upgrade? Its an extra 50$ sounds kinda steep for a bulb..