HPS vs High Powered LED on Canna nutes using Humboldts Secret product called Golden Tree instead of Boost and Rhizotonic.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tiggersmokes, Dec 4, 2015.

1. I am getting led soon but just began harvest with my HPS & finally hit the 1 lb. a plant average with my room. That's on a 2 month veg. From clone. Bout to build an led room & this harvest is deffinetly making me a little nervous that I won't hit 1gpw with the led @ one 450-500 watt led a plant. That's anywhere from $8,000-$12,000 on lights depending on which company I go with. So, as I said, glad you made this thread. I know it's a bit differant for all of us but this helps me get an idea of how things may turn out. I'll be getting 3 differant lights by differant companies to test against each other as well as my HPS which has set some pretty high margins/expectations to beat. I just don't see the LEDs beating my HPS by more than 100w if that & maybe some cooling. We'll see. Nice pics, keep em coming along with your honest opinions. Thanks TiggerSmoke.

2. I'm subbed. I'm excited to see an experienced grower doing this live time.

3. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] LED side, end of 5 weeks...

Tigger Smokes!

4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] HPS side at the end of five weeks...

Tigger Smokes!

5. Quick stats, both rooms at end of fifth week...temps still steady from 70/75 degrees with lights on, +/- 5 degrees. Humidity been around 50% or so. Feeding at 1400 ppms, ph'd at 5.8 to 6.2. Run off has been consistently close to what's gone in...I tend to water till 20% runoff or better. Pretty happy with both rooms...it's just so hard to say which room is better...still have a solid 4/5 weeks left as most of my strains tend to run 9-10 weeks.

Tigger Smokes!

6. Hello all, sorry for the lack of updates...I actually thought I'd posted here as well this past weekend. So sorry, and here's the current update.

Tigger Smokes!

7. Both rooms looking good, 2 to 3 weeks left before timber time. Finished some of the last feedings this weekend, couple plants are looking like 10 week strains so another week or so of feeding. Last feeding saw all plants fed at about 1450/1500 ppms, ph steady around 6.0/6.2 or so. Temps still good at 75/78 degrees, humidity around 40 to 50 percent. Smells so good, I can't hardly wait. Loving the new Leds as well as Golden Tree, this stuff works! Pics to follow...

Tigger Smokes!

8. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]HPS side

Tigger Smokes!

9. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]LED side

Tigger Smokes!

10. Looking real nice man! Excited to see the outcome for sure 👍

11. Thanks, just can't wait...!

Tigger Smokes!

12. keep us posted Tigger

13. Ok, started beginning my flush cycle on the 20th with a mix of Golden Tree and Cannazym. I watered through till roughly 25% runoff, then ran the Golden Tree and Cannazym mix till I saw ppms drop under 600 for all plants. Tedious, yes, but I've always started my flushes similar to this. On the 24th I flushed all plants again till roughly 25% runoff...ppms on runoff is down to 200 to 250 ppms. Today is the 26th and all plants look a little thirsty, nothing severe or I'd water, soil is still wet at around 4 inches down. Will do a last watering tomorrow night. Harvest will begin this weekend on some plants, others will run out another week yet. Pictures to follow. Sorry for some delays in updates, just get busy.

Tigger Smokes!

14. [​IMG][​IMG]

Tigger Smokes!

15. Harvest time...took a few trichome pics...enjoy! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tigger Smokes!

16. Nice grow man. Looking good.

17. Very nice Trichlone production. Very frosty. Did you notice any difference in the two? 3000k LEDs right? Both sides looked great.

18. Believe it is at 3000k. My led's range from 3000k to 4100k. Thanks for following along. Will be starting next journal following a single tent with 1850 watts of led. New strains, new adventure! Take care and smoke on!

Tigger Smokes!

19. #59 Hybridway, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Nice job! Willl you be doing a weigh in?

20. Definitely sir!

Tigger Smokes!