HPS ventilation question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by stankonia, Oct 12, 2017.

1. #1 stankonia, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    I have a 2x2x6 tent with a 250 watt hps wing reflector (no cooltube). I ordered a 6 inch carbon scrubber and 6 inch terrabloom BOOSTER fan on amazon, the fan is rated at 240 cfm. I don't want to test this setup out yet because I may return the scrubber and fan based on your feedback.

What I need to know is, will a 240 cfm booster be strong enough to ventilate a 250 watt hps through a carbon scrubber? Or Should I return it for a stronger fan?

2. If I were in your shoes I would reach out to the carbon scrubber manufacturer and ask them what the recommended CFM fan is to use with their scrubber. Unless it's a fly by night no brand scrubber, they should have that info and could tell you what kind of resistance the scrubber creates thus what kind of reduction in air flow to expect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you can't contact the manufacturer, you could always check to make sure you could add an additional intake fan which would assist in pushing air through that scrubber...thus creating more air exchange. I would think a 250w HPS wouldn't require much air exchange to keep the tent cool. I have a 600w in a 4x4 and use a 400 CFM fan in summertime and that works fine.

4. remember to keep the bends in your piping to a minimuuuuuum. you want it a straight a shot as possible. if youre using that slinky type ducting and have extra length trim it lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a 500 cfm carbon air filter hooked to light. I had to use a 747 cfm blower to pull enough threw light to cool it and take care of odor. I am however using a 1000 watt hps closed hood. Ive found in other setups that a stronger cfm blower is nicer if you are using it to cool and for odor control.

• Creative Creative x 1