HPS question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chimera, Oct 1, 2021.

1. infinite is right, however, if you keep your grow room temp at 75 optimal temp for MJ and your light is not on an outside wall the heat sensor will not spike. Atleast that is the impression i get from what I read and I remeber seeing on a special on inside growing and what methods the police used to detect it, back in the late 70s early 80s and when the law discussed it they said that they were looking for big temp spikes. Oh yeah one last thing to consider is that a quit a few people have heat lamps in their bathrooms, so like infite said if you don't give them other reasons for looking at you and you don't tell anyone your growing your pretty damn safe. Most people get caught growing from tips from neighbors and friends who happen to know you grow and can't keep their mouth shut. Just don't tell them and when you do finish your grow, still keep your growing to yourself. Sorry about the rambling but it really pisses me off when someone says "boo hoo I got caught because someone narced on me", wrong answer they got caught because they couldn't help bragging, period!

2. Someone told me that cops can see your HPS lights with a heatsensor outside of your house. lol am i being paranoid or just stupid or is it true. lol

3. Im sure they could if they wanted to, although a warrant might be required. The best thing is to make sure they don't suspect anything in the first place, otherwise they may not be looking.

4. yes, and it is LEGAL for them to do so in the United States as long as they have reasonable suspcion of a large scale grow operation coming from your house. This means if they see large amounts of suspected drug dealers coming to your house on a regular basis, they might have cause to use a heat sensor on your house.

Small grow operations that house only a few plants however are generally ignored. Plus if you set up your grow properly, then there shouldn't be much of a heatup at all, but few people manage this perfectly.

A scarier sensor to be aware of, however, is the one that supposedly can find cannabis plants based off of their color spectrum, not the heat. This is usually used for outdoor grows technically and is often confused with the heat sensor.

To be honest, while these are general concerns, as long as you are not doing large scale or even small scale dealing, and are rather growing for personal use, it is highly unlikely that you will be found out for running a single hps light that is under 1000 watts. Over 1000 watts MAY look suspcious, but again, it's unlikely.

The only situation I can see you running an hps being a problem is if you were doing a large scale grow op with multiple light fixtures running off of an electrical generator in your huge ass basement. But large scale grow ops are generally done EXTREMELY well and every precaution is taken to conceal it from authorities and suspcious passerbys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yeah infact i read in the Emperor Wears No Clothes they accually in some places fly over your house and check the houses for growing lights. Im sure thats not enough for them to come to your house with a warrent but be extremly careful about the grow and tell close to no one or preferably no one

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. wtf, that first post is dated 1970? I guess the server clocks were messed up.