Hps or mh??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by wrecker92, Feb 15, 2013.

1. I've git a 250/400/600 ballast got a hps bulb I'm vegging they are near 4 weeks from seed

was using t5 but not great is a mh better then t5 for veg and I no it's better then hps but by how much for vegging, will I notice a good difference? Thanks

2. I can't tell the diff. I use 2 39w 36", or/and a 400w mh. The only diff is distance and coverage. T5's are far superior for coverage and oh yeah, heat.

3. You will notice a considerable difference with MH compared to T5 for veg, more lumens output per watt. Plus the MH has more "reach" before light strength drops off.
    Now MH Vs HPS during veg - yes, the MH is better. The HPS has more lumens output but it's not the optimal color spectrum for vegetative growth. The MH should be faster to veg and result in tighter internodal distances as well.
    Since you have a switchable ballast, you can go one size smaller wattage for veg' for example a 400W MH will veg perfectly into a 600w HPS bloom cycle.
    Try it, you'll like it

4. Sweet cheers mate

5. Literally, MH is better than T5 when it comes to Vegging. I heard that HPS is not that efficient because its light stretches the plants. MH is best for vegging because it emits blue light unlikely HPS carries red.

Well, I think it’s pretty much clear that vegging can be done well in MH.

6. Literally, MH is better than T5 when it comes to Vegging. I heard that HPS is not that efficient because its light stretches the plants. MH is best for vegging because it emits blue light unlikely HPS carries red.

Well, I think it's pretty much clear that vegging can be done well in MH.